Prologue

Carolyn's POV

I was waiting in the house with my sisters, Winifred and Mary, for Sarah to come back. She was luring a child here so my older sisters could become younger. I kept taking brief glances towards my room, hoping Mary didn't smell my child and that she didn't start crying. I suddenly could hear Sarah's voice get louder, which meant she was almost here. I started to sense my daughter fussing and rushed to my room, without my sisters noticing.

"Hush now my little one." I whispered and she gazed up at me, then I could hear my sisters fighting again, along with someone entering the house. I peeked out from my door and gasped when I saw my dearest Thackery above my sisters, while they made the potion, along with Emily being here. "I smell a baby." I heard Mary say, making my eyes widen.

"A baby?" Winnie asked. "Where?" Sarah asked, jumping toward our sisters. "'Tis coming from sister Carolyn's room."

"What!? Carolyn!" I quickly lied my daughter down in her crib, before hiding her scent again and stroked her forehead as she slept. "Carolyn! Thou cometh here!"

"Coming sister!" I rushed out to my sisters and they stared at me. "What is this Mary tells me of a baby in thee room?" My oldest sister asked me.

"I know of no baby in my room, I was just in there and saw no baby." Winnie smacked Mary and went back to her potion, then I glanced at Thackery. "Carolyn." He whispered and I gave a small smile. They were about to give Emily the potion, making me gasp.

"No!" My eyes widened as my sisters finally noticed Thackery, making them gasp. "A boy!" Sarah said.

"Thackery!" I rushed over to him and he held me to his chest. "Get him you fools!" Winnie ordered.

"I got him. I knew I smelled a boy." Mary said. Thackery managed to knock over the cauldron, then Winnie hit him with her magic as he tried to get towards his sister and I gasped rushing towards him, while my sisters took Emily's life force. I helped him up as my sisters became young again and they turned towards Thackery.

"Let's brew another batch." Winnie said as they moved towards us. "You hag! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful. Even if there were, your beauty would not surpass thou sister's." Thackery said, glaring at them.

"Hag. Sisters, did you hear what he called you?" My oldest sister asked. "Um, but, which one of us would she not surpass the beauty of?" Mary asked and they stared at him.

"Thee will never surpass my beloved Carolyn's natural beauty. She needs not to steal the lives of children, she shall remain the way she is forever." He told them and I blushed. "Sister Carolyn doth found thyself a lover." Mary said.

"And she refused to inform us." She added, before they wondered what to do with him, then Winnie turned him into a cat. The villagers soon came and placed us on a platform, then I turned to Thackery.

'Thackery. When Mary said she smelled a baby she was right, she smelt our baby. Please take care of her, give her a name, and please let no virgin light the Black Flame Candle.' I begged, before I went into the Earth with my sisters.

Third Person POV

Thackery Binx raced into the house and into Carolyn's room where he saw the small infant. "My child. Thou art as beautiful as thy mother. Jessica will be your name." He rubbed his head against his daughter's cheek and lied beside her as he slept determined to follow his beloved Carolyn's wish.