2 ~ "Will I Have to Pay for that Girl's Shoes?"

"Move it assholes!" I yell as I push pass the people in the circle. I can feel their glares from behind me as I make my way to the freshman girl.

As soon as I get to the middle of the circle, I'm greeted with the smiling face of Kenzie Davenport.

"Hi Amalia! How's your day been going?" she asks.

I don' t respond and shove her out of the way. I make my way to the figure that's hurting her and tap them on the shoulder. 

The person turns around.

"Lyric?!"

"Why hello Amalia! Nice running into you here!"

Lyric Ward is a psycho.

"AHHH. Let me go! You're hurting my wrist!"

Our attention turns toward the freshman whose wrist was turning purple by the second. I could see tears welling up in her eyes as Lyric's grip on her wrist grew tighter.

"Let her go Lyric! What did she do to you anyways?"

Lyric's sharp eyes turn back to me. 

"This freshman bitch ruined my Adidas Superstars with her spaghetti! Those were my favorite pair!"

"It was an accident! NOW PLEASE LET ME GO!" yelled the freshman.

"NO! YOU'RE GOING TO BY ME A NEW PAIR!"

I couldn't take this anymore. I pinched Lyric's hand, causing her to loosen her grip on the freshman. I grabbed the younger scholar and ran out of the lunchroom as fast as I could. I was kinda dragging the freshman behind me. I stopped running when I reached the sophomore corridor on the far side of the school. I let go of the freshman's hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I looked at her wrist, which was really swollen.

Ah, crap, of course she's not okay! I thought to myself.

Suddenly I heard sniffling and saw that the freshman forming tears in her eyes.

"Ah, no, please don't cry!"

The younger girl looked up at me.

"Will I have to pay for that girl's shoes?" she asked.

"Of course not! I won't let her take money from younger students. If she tells you that you have to buy her new shoes, find me." I give her a small smile.

The girl wipes her tears away and smiles at me.

"Thank you so much! But wait, what is your name?"

"I'm Amalia Smith, Year 11. And you?"

"I'm Gabby Luthy, Year 9. It's nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too." I looked at her wrist again.

"We should probably get you to the nurse so she can heal your wrist."

I motion at her to follow me and we walked to the nurse which was still on the sophomore corridor.

Student Profile:

Name: Kenzie Davenport

Age: 16

Sex: F

DOB: August 7, 1995

Hair: Strawberry Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Activities at School: Drama Club, Football Team Management (FTM)

Classes Student Takes (Choice): Literature 11, Algebra 11, Geology 11, French 11, Ancient Civilizations 11

Classes Student Takes (Required): Physical Education, Home Economics 11

We walked into the nurse's office.

"Nurse Wirth? Are you here?" I called out.

"Just a minute dearie. I come out in a minute."

Gabby and I sat down on the chairs that the nurse's office provides. Gabby looked down at her wrist to examine it.

"So how DID you spill spaghetti on Lyric's shoes?"

Gabby's head shot up, like she wasn't expecting me to ask a question.

"Well I was taking my tray with spaghetti to the table where my friends were sitting when I bumped into the girl. The tray fell out of my hands and the spaghetti landed flat on her shoes."

"You know that Lyric could've just wiped them off with a paper towel and warm water, right?"

"Yeah I know. For someone who's older than me, she acts like a bratty 9 year old."

I sighed.

"That's Lyric for ya."

Student Profile:

Name: Lyric Ward

Age: 16

Sex: F

DOB: May 4, 1995

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: Brown

Activities at School: Baking Club, Cheerleading Squad, Chorus, Volleyball Team

Classes Student Takes (Choice): Literature 11, Algebra 11, Chemistry 11, Spanish 11, Asian History 11

Classes Student Takes (Required): Physical Education, Home Economics 11

Chapter 2 is done! :)

Stay Tuned for Chapter 3!

With Love,

Tiff