Chapter 1

"Good morning, X!"

"Hmm...? Morning Zero." X greeted sleepily as he opened his door to his quarters.

"Wanna hang? Alia couldn't find anything to keep us busy today." Zero offered with a warm smile.

"Sure," X shrugged, " I've got nothing better to do."

"Aww, you make it sound like I'm forcing you." Zero pouted in fake hurt.

X rolled his eyes.

"So...what do you want to do?" X asked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I'm not sure. Chill here?" Zero suggested.
X nodded and moved out of the doorway to let the blonde hunter in.

The two made their way to the couch X had in his small living space.

Both made themselves comfortable, removing their armor and leaving the thin black under suit in its wake. They sat down on the fluffy couch and got in their usual places, Zero leaning on the armrest and propping his feet up on the coffee table that sat in front of the love seat, and X leaning against Zero's shoulder while sitting crisscrossed.

X wondered idly how they had gotten so... comfortable with each other.

X considered these thoughts, his mind flashing through some ideas when he was startled at a realization of something as he glanced at the other repliod.
X and Zero had become a lot more... intimate with each other since they became friends, but they were only friends. Right?

X felt his face grow warm at the thought, turning away to avoid eye contact.

Unfortunately, he still noticed and titled his head queationingly at X.