CHAPTER SEVEN // LIARS LIE AND THEN THERE'S EAN HUNTER

I didn't leave the room the rest of night.

But when six in the morning rolled around, I had to pee so bad I was about to die from it. I had to sneak out into the living room, hoping he wouldn't wake or hoping he'd just ignore me if he was awake. Though, I would have preferred him to be asleep. For some reason that seemed like it would hurt a lot less.

I walked to the door, cringing from my about to burst bladder.

I poked my head out and saw him still on the couch, asleep as the fire burned it's quiet muted embers. Relief washed over me and padded my way towards the hall with quick steps. I got to the washroom and relaxed.

Yes, I still had to make it back to the bedroom but at least I was half way through the venture.

I took a few minutes and decided I was good once I looked over my bruising limbs of course. I headed for the bedroom and paused as he moved, grumbling.

I listened, his arm coming above his head.

“Claire...”

My eyes widened as I stared at him mumbling away.

Who the fuck is Claire!

“Baby...” He breathed.

I swallowed, trying to talk myself down. It didn't matter if he had a girlfriend or wife. He was just some lowly bush man!

Yet, even with my down talking I was almost... irked by who he was dream talking.

I burned and walked for the bedroom, getting there and closing the door till it clicked in place. I stared across the room, brushing my red hair from my forehead.

My eyes studied the room for evidence of a female.

Dresser? Nothing.

Window? Of course nothing!

Bed... my head jaunted through him dropping me down into it.

I snapped my eyes from it and then it hit me...

“Nightstand!” I flew at it and ripped open the door. All that was revealed was a book though and I pulled it out, looking at the nature of it before chucking it on the bed. I slumped to the bed in a huff and looked over the nightstand. The alarm clock was not female evidence. Then my eyes caught the glint of light shinning off something in the drawer. I pulled it open and photos fell forward.

Lots of photos. Settling in front of me. Waiting for me to pick them up.

I swallowed and reached out.

I grabbed them. There were tons of them. I stared at her. She was beautiful and perfect with her bright blue eyes and blonde waves. Even her smile, it was perfect. I started to flip through them, he was in them with her.

The lump in my throat grew, getting harder as the seconds passed to minutes and I became frustrated. Frustrated he was lying, that he'd dare lie to me, that this whole time I'd been throughly played!

“Saving my life, my ass.” I chucked the photos back in the drawer. Then I was eyeing up his dresser and marched to it, then pulled open the top drawer and dug, I found frames and pictures of her, more pictures! A shirt... hair clip!

“Fuck me, he hid her from me!” I threw the items back in the dresser and slammed it shut.

I heard his shuffling, “Amy?” He was at the door suddenly.

I stared at the photos, I was pissed! I didn't like being lied to. I wasn't lied to and if I was lied to, you were fired. But since I couldn't fire Ean Hunter... then I'd do the next best thing.