Chapter 2

You woke up smiling as you flung on your CBH shirt. You couldn't wait to go see Nico. You close your eyes humming softly. When get to the door you saw Percy standing there blocking the exit "um Percy what are you doing?" You question trying to get past him but he stays put "are you going to see Nico?" he growled not moving. Your mind raced not knowing what do say. "Um no of course not" you lie looking down at your shoes. Percy narrows his eyes "are you sure?" He says trying to make eye contact with you. "Yes!" You snap. "ok.." He says moving away from the door. But before you can burst out Percy grabs your shirt collar. "You can go but if I see you with Nico..." He says but you cut him off "yeah yeah I get it!" you say and pull free from Percy's grip. You run off to the pavilion so Percy thinks your not going near Nico but once your out of sight you make a sharp u-turn to Hades Cabin. You run up to the door and knock. "If it's Percy then give me a head start to run" Nico says. You smile "no Death Breath it's me y/n" you say but there was no reply "um Nico.." You say confused. You wait a few minutes. No response. Dead silence. "Nico!" You yell pounding on the door "open up!" You keep trying but there was no answer.

Nico PoV

My eyes widened when I heard it was Y/n I locked the door and went to the corner farthest away. I knew I was being mean but I couldn't help it. We had never gotten as close as we did last night. I didn't know how she felt about and frankly I didn't want to. She told me she didn't need a man but she let me get so close....
Snap out of it
I tell myself. Y/n bangs on the door again yelling "please Nico! Just tell me what's wrong!" I ignore her staring at the door. I waited for her to yell out again but there was nothing. 2 minutes of nothing. Then I heard a slight whisper"Percy's coming Nico and if you don't let me in we're both dead" y/n says leaning on the door. My eyes widened. I hated the fact that I had to face y/n but Percy was much scarier. I think for a minute as I hear Percy in the distance. I made up my mind and open the door grabbing y/n's shirt. We both fall on the floor as I slam the door shut. I look up at y/n. She was clutching my shoulder, her head buried in the crook of my neck. I rapped my hands around her torso. Everything was perfect. Absolutely nothing in this world mattered. Until I heard Percy pounding on the door. I try to push y/n off of me but she wouldn't move. She must not have heard Percy because she mumbled "just one more minute." I sigh and lift her up. I place her on the bed were the shadows were the darkest. "Percy's here" I whisper "we're gonna have to shadow travel" I could hear Percy kick at the door as the hinges became lose. "B-but you know I-i don't like shadow travel" y/n says. "Yeah I know but this is our only choice" I whisper as the the door comes flying down. I grab y/n and hold her closely as I will the shadows to take us to the woods.