1

The calm breeze of the carnival air was sending shivers down my spine. My smile was probably frozen at the coldness of the air. It's almost winter and it's already feeling like Antarctica here.

"Ben, come on already." I turned back to my best friend, Leslie calling me. I walked over as Steven and Mariah kept talking. We were just enjoying the carnival two days before it closes.

This is one of my favorite places, mainly because of today's earlier events. I was on the best date of my life with Cody, my boyfriend.

We went to the tilt-a-whirl I was laughing the whole time while holding onto him scared to fall out. Then we went to go see the dolphins at the end of the pier. It was truly a sight to see and then we headed back to eat and take pictures.

I took some fries and fed him with our one fork because we were that close. He would feed me back and miss on purpose just to kiss off the chili on my lips.

Steven bought us all cotton candy and I thanked him even though I could pay for my own. Leslie took some of mine and giggled but I snatched a piece from hers back and laughed as she faked a pout and then busted into laughter.

We continued walking as I enjoyed the scene of everyone being so lively. I stopped, catching sight of something I wish I hadn't. Cody was kissing a girl and here I thought I was actually special to someone.

Instead of being sad like I thought I would be, I was furious but was soon brought out of it as Mariah pulled my arm. She followed my gaze and saw him as well and was looking like she felt bad for me.

We walked off going back to having fun, I know he won't be able to get a girlfriend or boyfriend by the end of tonight.

We went back into the photo booth and all took funny pictures doing goofy faces. I couldn't help but smile soon going back on the tilt-a-whirl and just laughing our heads off.

Once off I told them I was going to the restroom and to meet me at the tossing game. I walked towards the bathroom and just my luck I saw Cody walking with that girl.

I followed not too close behind seeing them head into the photo booth and I took out my wallet seeing the photos we took earlier. I let out a dry chuckle at them. I dropped them on the floor and headed to the restroom like I planned.

Once out I saw the girl alone while Cody was in line getting them what looked like a pretzel. I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Feels great huh." I said and she jumped a bit at my voice.

"Pardon?" She asked and I nodded to Cody.

"Is he treating you like you're special? Like you mean the world to him? I know I felt that way here this morning on our 1 year Anniversary." I said and she looked back at Cody, who turned our way with two pretzels.

I walked away before he could see me and could hear her basically yelling at him for lying and cheating. I left with a smirk going back onto the ferries wheel with Leslie, Mariah and Steven.

I loved the view as the sun hit the water and casted it's reflection on it below. It gave a calm and relaxing feel to the days end.

Why did my night just feel like a Victoria Justice song? I chuckled and smiled out ahead seeing the dimming sun as Leslie leaned her head on my shoulder. I leaned my head on hers lightly and wrapped an arm around her.