2

364 Days Later
-------------
Dylan's POV

"I don't want too, I promise it won't happen again, just don't send me. Tell them I'm sick or something, just don't make me go." I begged getting in my knees, this wasn't easy for me to do, get on my knees begging for something. But she left me no choice, I really didn't deserve this kind of punishment.

"Dylan get off my floor, your going and that's finally." She said and I huffed getting up and marching to my room. Great now instead of two weeks of being with Veronica, I have to go to a stupid school field trip for two weeks!? Yeah my life is totally great right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ben's POV
I was slow as I approached him, he's been drunk for about 4 hours now meaning he's the nicest right about now.

"Dad." I called barely above a whisper and he turned to me with a disgusted look.

"God, and to think, I was just having a good day to. What the hell do you want." He said returning his gaze to the T.V.

Yeah I guess that sentence could mess any kid up, but I've heard it so much it's a common phrase.

"There's this school field trip." I started and he stood up.

"Are you trying to ask me for money? You know we ain't got any money, so you better not be asking." He said and I shook my head rapidly.

"No no, it's free completely free. It's-

"How long is this trip?" He asked, I was thankful he was considering it.

"Two weeks." I said almost a mumble, he looked directly at me.

"Two weeks, you mean to tell me I get two weeks without looking at your sorry ass? Well I guess there is a Lord." He said with a devilish smile, then he looked back to the T.V.

"When is it."

"It's tomorrow ." I said and he nodded, I gave him the slip and he signed without a glance and I was very excited. Two weeks without having a beating from him.

I walked to my room with a smile, this hasn't happened in a long time. I walking into my room, the empty grey walls and doorless closets. My door was taken out so I couldn't hide from him in here, it would normally last about an hour.

It all ended the same, with him spitting on me and asking me the same question and I, stupidly gave the same answer. I know risking my life wasn't worth more than tell the truth.

We didn't always fight, especially when mom was still here. Tell me, have you ever had your mother commit suicide in your living room? I was the first to see and I'm pretty sure she wasn't hanging for long. I could barely see life in her cheeks and hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Flashback)

I was walking home today because mom asked me too. I admit I liked walking home, especially in the afternoon since the nature around is so lively here.

It was one thing that I liked to do, to find an escape, walk through the forest in my backyard. I smiled as the cold breeze blew past me helping a flock of bird above me fly through the sky with ease.

Once home I saw only mom's car was home which was good. I opened the door and called for my mom.

"Mom?" I called out and waited, but got no response. I closed the door and walked further in going for the kitchen to scavenge what I could.

I saw a fresh apple, which was really bright red. I closed the fridge and walked over to the living room, with the apple within biting distance.

I locked eyes with her and my body froze, the apple fell to the floor with a thud, and I felt like my world collapsed. My mother was hanging by her neck from the ceiling fan dead in the center of the living room.