Chapter 26 - Gratitude

"What did I miss?" Jamie asks strolling into the grotto.
"I got exposed well, John saw my tail..." I say cautiously.
"What?!" Jamie yells. "this could be the end of you and all you're doing is sitting here discussing it?"
"What can she do? If she goes near him, he might expose her and/ or us!" Mimmi say, backing me up.
"I need to talk to him." Jamie says courageously.

He storms out the door so I chase after him.

"Where are you even going?" I ask while running beside him.
"To the marine park." he says.
"How do you know he's there?" I ask again.
"I just know." he says mysteriously.

***

I did struggle to keep up with Jamie but I knew were he was going. I arrived at the marine park (finally) and went straight to the dolphin pools because that place is bound to have something there. At the dolphin pools I see John and Jamie hands-on fighting.

I use my powers to draw the water up at John to pull him into the pools.

"Are you okay?" I ask running up to Jamie.
"I'm fine, but you need to hide or he will expose you." Jamie suggests quickly.

I run behind the bushes placed closely to the dolphin pools. Because John is still in the water I do a simple mermaid trick and heat the water around him. Cloaking myself, I run out and go behind a bigger bush that's closer to the pools.

"Where is she?" John demands, soaking wet as he pulls himself out of the water.
"I don't know. She probably left to get popcorn." Jamie says coolly. John rolls his eyes.

I try mind-message the others but noone is in range. Annoyed, I cloak myself again and run up to hit John.

"Ouch! Show yourself." John says furiously.

I hit him again whilst still cloaked, because John is distracted Jamie pushes him down onto the floor. I use my powers to erase his mind, hoping there's no side effects.

You will not remember anything relating to Lily Darya including her friends and secrets. There will not be any side effects to this spell but if there is I demand you not to say a single word. I say forcefully and harshly.

"Lets go." I say to Jamie who's holding John down. He gets off John and follows me out of the marine park.

As we're awkwardly walking back to the grotto Jamie finally speaks up, "Do you think that the mind-erasing spell will work."
"I was allot more harsh on it so lets just hope." I say simply. He nods.

***

"Are you guys okay?" Ondina asks.
"Yah. We, well Lily did another erasing spell but I think it finally got through." Jamie says for me, putting an arm around me.

He's totally into you. Weilan mind-messages.
Shhhhh! I say back.
It's not like he can hear you. Mimmi says.
How on Earth are you listening to us? I say.
Magic. Ondina mentally butts in.

"You guys are mentally speaking about me aren't you." Jamie says cheekily. I put my arm around him.
"Well maybe." I say playfully. He squeezes me closer to him so I'm facing directly to him and looks down at me. 
"I'm glad it's me." he says finally.

We lean our faces closer to kissing then Weilan puts a book between our lips. "Eww guys. Save that for later."

I stick my tongue out at her and remove my arm from around his waist.

"I'm glad it's all of us." I say looking around at the smiling faces.

A/N my chapters are getting awkward and short, but you know thats all g. Sorry that it's a bit (or maybe allot) under 1000 words but we as friends ignore the flaws lol.

Okay so I wanna know when I should end this book, it's nearing 30 chapters but I wanna know what you guys think.

Anywaysssssssssss thanks for reading please make my day and vote because then this is my reaction: OHH WAIT PEOPLE READ THIS? WHOOPS THEN I GOTTA MAKE MY CHAPTERS LONGER I GUESS. (okay so I've only reacted like that once but still).

ily, fishwifi xx