s e v e n

"are you sure this is a good idea? what if he doesn't like fried rice."

"what kind of monster doesn't like fried rice." hansol scoffed, pushing mingyu towards the door of the teacher's lounge. "you're housewife gyu and your cooking is amazing, he'll like it."

mingyu gulped and nodded, gripping the lunchbox tightly in his hands. "i am housewife gyu and my cooking is amazing. i'll do it."

hansol smiled and pat his friend's back before sidestepping and turning the other way to mingyu's surprise. "where are you going?! i thought you were going to follow me in?"

"uh, i'd rather not. mr.hong will literally fight me if he spots me alive in there since i didn't pass my lit homework for a month."

"fine."

mingyu watched hansol disappear down the hall, trying to buy as much time as he could, even though lunch was nearly over and the rice wasn't getting any warmer. he sighed and mustered enough courage to push the doors open and walked over to jeonghan's table in the corner, trying not to seem suspicious to the other teachers and students in the room.

"hyung..?"

"fist your subtract the bottom number with the unknown- mingyu?"

jeonghan lifted his head from the math book and smiled, "do you need anything?"

chan was there too, sitting on the seat opposite the desk where mingyu had sat before, chewing on the end of his mechanical pencil. "i still don't get it, how does this, become this?" chan groaned, running his hand through his hair

mingyu grabbed another chair and dragged it towards jeonghan's desk, taking a seat next to chan while giving the younger a pat on the back and placing the lunchbox unquestionably on the desk. "nah, i just wanted to have lunch and talk."

chan let out a deep sigh and closed the book, starting to pack is things. "i guess i'll get out of the way, i'll probably work this question out myself." he stood and waved cheerily, "thanks and bye hyungs."

"oh? okay?" jeonghan blinked and stood up too, calling after the boy, "channie! who's baby are you?"

"jeonghan hyung's baby.." chan grinned weakly, going out of the teachers room.

jeonghan smugly smiled and sat back down, "what did you want to talk about again?"

--

i cAN FINALLY BREATHE MY EXAMS ARE OVER