14. please be careful...always

Maine entered Rj's bathroom and saw his shirt wrung out but still in the sink. It was his favourite shirt but it had a dull stain, as if someone had tried to wash it off. Upon seeing the stain, Maine's heart raced. They have both been careful knowing how even the slightest trauma to Rj could cause him to bleed and worse, to bleed out.

In shock, she sat on his bed and stared out the window as tears flowed down her face. She could not imagine life without him anymore. They had been together for more than 5 years already, and although Rj would get into minor accidents, he healed. They were just very careful with his infusions and care for his health. He could do the other things other people could do, he just had to be extra careful.

"....Meng.....Ma...." he called as he entered the room.

She didn't hear him at first so he called on her again, this time as he approached her. He sat behind her and hugged her from behind.

"...O...Ma....why are you crying? Do you have cramps? You want me to massage you?"

"....J?....Richard?...." she slowly turned and looked at him.

"Yes...?" he got startled as she hugged him and buried her face in his chest. "....Ma....Love....why are you crying? What happened?"

She didn't reply but hugged him tighter and started sobbing. Not fully understanding what was going on, Rj let her cry for a while.

"...s....sorry....." Maine finally said after letting go and reaching for some tissues from his bedside table.

"Are you feeling all right?" Rj asked, concerned. Maine nodded. "So...why are you crying? Is it the time of the month?"

"...no...no....I just...."

"Just what?"

"I found your shirt....in the sink...."

"Ahh...the white Abercrombie?....I had to wash it nga e...."

"Wash it?" Maine looked up at Rj, confused.

"Yeah....I missed doing some kids crafts so I started painting kanina.....I got some paint on the shirt....in fact, I was going to get it to give it to Ate Virgie to wash it pro.....wait.....what did you think?"

"....ahh...never mind.....never mind....." Maine shook her head and looked away.

Rj chuckled and immediately understood. "....susmaryosep! Ma naman....you know how careful we've all been....I haven't gotten hurt.....even the lamok is afraid to come near me, diba?"

Tears welled in Maine's eyes again. "....sorry....I feel so.....tanga...."

"Shhh...don't say that....you're not tanga.....don't say that...." Rj hugged Maine again and rubbed her arms, consoling her. He took her chin in his hand and turned her to face him. "...you are not tanga....you were just concerned....thank you....thank you for your concern...." He kissed her on the lips.

They kissed for a while and hugged each other tightly. Then, with their foreheads still "locked", Maine gently pinched Rj on his stomach.

"Ooowww....what was that for?" He winced and rubbed his belly.

"...next time, can you please be more careful! Sigurado na akong five ka lang talaga!" She teased and slapped his bicep.

"Ahh ganon! Halika ka nga dito!" Rj pulled her down on the bed where he pinned her down by holding her hands on opposite sides of her head and peppering her with kisses.