two

I was trying to slide by body out of bed without waking Bey

I was trying to slide by body out of bed without waking Bey. Obviously I wasn't doing a good job because she grabbed my arm. "We need to talk."

"I'm going to to be late."

"I don't give a fuck." She said calmly with her eyes still closed.

I sighed. "What's up?" She finally opened her eyes and stared me down. I always admired how beautiful her eyes were.

"Blue started crying yesterday because she feels like you don't want to see her anymore. You come in here when she's sleeping and leave before she gets up. She literally hasn't seen you in a week."

"I've been working-"

"And partying. I'm not going to beg you to spend time with me but, I will make sure you spend time with her."

"I can take her with me, let me get her dressed." I got up and went to Blue's room. I looked through her closet

I pulled out an adidas sweater and a tutu.

"Blue, let's get dressed." I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm too tired."

"You don't want to spend the day with daddy?" I said sounding upset.

"Daddy!" She hugged me. "I didn't know you was here!"

"I missed you, daddy was working too much." I put her on the floor and stood up. "Wash up and put those clothes on."

*
In no time Blue and I were ready to go. "Say bye to mommy." I told her.

She ran away and came back a minute later. "Did you say bye to mommy?"

"Yeah." I lied. Bey was giving me the cold shoulder all morning so, I figured I won't bother her that much.

"Well let's go!" She said pulling my arm. "Bye, Annie!"

We got in the truck and I dapped Charles, the driver. "What's up, man?"

"Good morning, Mr. Carter." He said nodding. "Blue."

"Hii." Blue said in her excited voice. "Where are we going, daddy?"

"To the office first."

"Kay."

We pulled up to the roc building and Charles opened the door for us. I turned to Blue. "Remember what I told you?"

"Act like I don't hear them."

"Good girl." I got out first and picked Blue up. She tucked her face in my neck and I covered her eyes.