CHAPTER 2

The classes started three days ago and I already have two huge assignments to do by next week. But I don't complain. Working on something keeps my mind off all the unnecessary thoughts. And besides, I love everything that is somehow connected with journalism. When I write an article or something like that, I feel at peace. I know this is something I was born to do. This is where I belong – with my laptop in front of me, my fingers typing frantically. Or doing any kinds of researches. Reporting. This is my thing.

"Mia!" I hear someone calling my name just as I walk out of my class. "Wait!" I turn to see Lizzy coming in my direction with a wide smile on her face. My face lit up at her sight. We've already become pretty close during those few days. Grayson is quite busy with his classes and the first football game coming soon, and I have yet to meet that Carter guy, so me and Lizzy are stuck together alone most of the time. But neither of us complains. We've created some kind of bond between us. She's my total opposite. She's full of live, easy going and sociable. While I am quiet and tend to keep to myself. "Are you going for lunch now?" She asks, catching up with me. I nod, smiling.

"Yep. Wanna join me?" I tilt my head to the side slightly, giving her a questioning look.

"Sure. Have you been to the cafeteria yet?" She asks as we stroll down the corridor. I bob my head up and down in reply. "Okay. So you wanna eat there or maybe go somewhere off campus?" I take my phone out of my bag and look at the hour to see how much time I have left till my next class. Thirty five minutes. Not much.

"Um, I only have half an hour left. I don't think there is a place anywhere near here that we could go to, have enough time to eat and come back." I reply, sending Lizzy an apologetic look.

"No problem. Let's go to the cafeteria then." She say with a bright smile. We continue our walk in silence till we reach the cafeteria. It's almost fully packed. We both look around for some place to sit. I stand on my tiptoes, keep my head high and finally I see a free table in the far corner. Holding Lizzy's shoulder, I point toward it with my other hand. "There." I say and her eyes follow my finger. "Go and make sure no one sits there. I will take care of the food." She nods and, after telling me what she wants to eat, goes to nab the table. I stand in the line and, when it is my turn, order our food. As I get closer to Lizzy, I notice she's holding a piece of paper in her hand, reading it. A flyer maybe.

"What's this?" I ask, sitting down beside her. She looks up at me to see what I'm talking about and I point at the flyer.

"Oh, this?" She asks, lifting the flyer a little. I nod. "Some girl gave it to me while you were waiting in the line. It says our college newspaper is looking for someone willing to help." She tells me, her voice lacking any emotions. However, it catches my attention.

"Can I see it?" I ask her, reaching for the flyer with my hand. I'm quite interested in what kind of help they need. Maybe it's something for me.

"OH! Yeah, sure. I totally forgot you're into stuff like this. Here you go." She hands me the flyer and takes her food. She begins eating as I start reading. It doesn't say anything other than that they're looking for someone who'd like to work for them.

"I guess I'll have to go ask them what exactly they want this person to do. There isn't anything specific written here." I say more to myself than Lizzy.

"Do you even know where to go?" She asks. It's a good question. I check both sides of the flyer, looking for any kind of information.

"Got it!" I announce, probably louder than I should, but I can't help my excitement. "It says: For more information, come find us in the room number 30B." I read out loud. "You have any idea where it is?" I ask Lizzy, but she just shakes her head no. "Well, I will have to find it myself when my classes are over. Wanna come with me?" She sends me an apologetic look.