Chapter ten

Above is what I think Ethan looks like in human form.

*Edited* This chapter is dedicated to my editor RunningTally

Ruby's pov.

They will be here in 20 minutes; should I change? What should I wear? I have nothing special to wear. I only have ten minutes left. You know what? I’ll leave my hair down, wear a nice black shirt with blue jeans, and the necklace I got to prove that I’m Ruby.

I go down to sit with Seth and put on some music while we wait. I sing along to some of the songs, the ten minutes passing very slowly. I hear a knock on the door and almost trip trying to get up. When I open the door I see her. She is standing at the door and she says, "Hello, I'm Christine, and this Leo from Fire Wolf pack." She seems nice. I almost forget my manners while I'm deep in thought and finally tell her my name after a prolonged silence. I ask them to come inside to Seth's office where we can all talk in private, so that no one would bother us.

We all sit in the office, which now has a couch, three chairs, and a beanbag chair for a certain person. Seth and I sit and tell them to have a seat so that it won't get awkward in here. Once we all formally introduce ourselves we talk about small things, like our favorite colors. I tell Christine that my favorite colors are ocean blue, blood red, and pitch black, my favorite foods are potatoes, cheez-its, and chocolate, and my favorite animals are dolphins, foxes, and cats. The guys talk about their favorite sports teams, favorite types of car, and their toughness. Men and their competitions about who is tougher, when clearly the girls know how to punish a man, like making him sleep on the couch, or getting us ice cream, or buying us flowers and chocolate, because an angry female is not a good thing to be around.

We also talk about our necklaces and compare them. They are the same, I guess to make it easier and to not cause fights when we were younger. We talk about our mom and what reason she could have had for leaving us and why she would send the packages now.

But our talk is cut short when Draco comes in and yells that another pack is attacking us. When asked which he says that it’s the Shadow Death pack, along with the Golden Eagle pack, who has never liked our pack but never attacked us. As for the Shadow Death pack, they must be here because they found out that both me and my sister were here and want to kidnap us. Once I say voice my concern, both Leo and Seth say that me and Christine are to stay in the house and guard the women and children in the safe room. For once I don't argue and just nod.

I take Christine with me to the safe room where the women and children have already been evacuated to. We lock the door and hope for the best when suddenly there is beating at the door. It's a wolf trying to break into the safe room. Before we can do anything to stop them, all of the sudden the door flies off the hinges and...

Another cliff hanger, don't forget to comment your opinion they really do mean a lot and vote if you like the book so far.