Chapter 2

Sonic Unleashed Story

Were-Sonamy Ch. 2

As the Beast carried a frightened and wobbling Amy in his arms that bounced as much as he did, running on his three legs, and holding her in the other arm, the firing robots blazed forth their jet-packs to try and keep up, following them into the forest. The Beast rolled into an open field, hoping to lose them in the foliage. Grass was dark green and swaying with the cool wind, the moonlight was beautiful, and the trees were copying the grass.

The two lay low as the Beast remained above her, having set her down and hung himself only inches away from her back, as he looked intently up at the lights that moved through the trees...

Amy gasped, having been flung down the hill and rolled to her back from the Beast, but looked up to then flinch in surprise as she felt her head bump against his, and blushed.

She quickly forgot the whole awkwardly close situation as she noticed the lights flicker up ahead like beams from a lighthouse, and ducked further down, as so did the Beast, being awfully protective of someone he apparently had only just met and saved.

After the noises of flashing lights and streaming metal bodies went quiet with crickets, Amy looked up to the Beast, and back towards the forest, as he began to raise himself off of her.

"Are...Are they gone?" she asked.

He stood up, walking a little away, and nodded. 'For now...'

"Wow," Amy stood up, a little taken aback. "That was... amazing!" she twirled with her hands up high, smiling and kinda dancing around in delight. "We took off so fast! Kinda like Sonic's speed! Oh, but not as fast as Sonic, of course~ But I hadn't been scooped up and rolled around since..!" she stopped herself,... and sorrowfully looked down as she lowered one of her arms to her chest.

She sighed, before turning back and having calmed down. "Thank you again for saving me." She missed Sonic terribly, but at least she wasn't alone in this darkness anymore.

The Beast stared at her, before looking away as if guilty. 'Amy... You worry too much.'

He smiled a little at the way she was acting though, then was alert to any noise he heard.

Amy looked over to him, seeing he was cautious and thought maybe to calm him down too.

"Hey, its okay..." she walked up to him, reaching a hand up to try and pet him. "You were very strong and brave out there! I'm safe now because of you! They're long gone by now, so you don't need to be so tense!" she tilted her head and closed her eyes, putting on a very confident and relaxing smiling on her face, hoping this would reassure him of their safety.

He moved away, raising his head back and then looking left and right, lowering his head before taking glances at her.

'But, he didn't do it out of non-trust,' Amy thought, 'he did it out of something else... I can tell...' she nodded to herself as her eyebrow furrowed, knowing something was... strangely appealing about this monstrous hero of hers.

'That was close..' thought the Beast, 'A little too,...awkwardly close.'

As he went over to a little spot in the field with flowers near it, looking down at it and thinking some more...

'I have to make sure she's okay, but also make sure she doesn't start liking me.' The Beast looked at the moon, almost in disgust, curling a side of his mouth downward, along with an eyebrow of distaste. He used to very much enjoy the moon, but now? It symbolized something else to him... something he didn't particularly like.