Joseph

We were very young, I was 16 and she was 15. She was new to my school, and I could remember the very day she came clearly. She walked into the room, and you know. It's like I'd never seen something so amazing before, I stared at her and she stared at me. It was a basic love at first sight. But boy, I'd been going through a really tough time. My parents split up and my grandma passed away. I'd never met my grandpa because he died before I was born but My grandma meant so much to me, whenever my parents were fighting she'd take me somewhere I'd never been before, we'd have so much fun playing games and messing around. But when the girl I fell in love with stepped into the room, I felt as though all that weight had been lifted off my shoulders. She had that confidence grandma had, she had a similar smile. Not that I had an attraction to my grandma. But let me tell you. This girl was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. Her smile gave me peace, and I remembered when she waved at me. That gave me butterflies. You know, all these things I say are quite cheesy. But they're quite true.

We became friends at the end of the day, and exchanged each other's addresses so we could write to each other. She lived 2 hours away from school with her grandparents because her parents gave her up. It amazed me how someone who went through all that could still be up and running to live life at its fullest.

She always put others first before herself, because she'd always be the one asking me questions and I would never get to fit in a question to ask her.

We had been dating for over a year. Her name was Carman.

But one day this happened....

"Hey Carman?" I smiled at her, I could see her deep into her brown eyes.
"Yes?" She replied looking up at me.
"I wanna tell you something..."
"Sure, go ahead." She looked worried.
"I think, no, wait. I actually know. Not I think. Jesus Christ Joseph. I actually know fo-" she cut me off.
"Just say it Jo." She laughed.
"I think I'm in love with you, and I think I was in love with you ever since I first set my eyes on you." I let out a breath.
Her eyes widened, I couldn't tell if it was disappointment or excitement. She slowly took some steps back. Then a tear fell down her cheek. Did I say something wrong? Does she not love me back? I then took a step forward and wiped her tear. She took another step back and said "stop, you have to stop this. Leave! Just leave me! I don't understand why your still standing here! Just leave!" She made a run for it to god knows where, it was the middle of the night so that wouldn't have been safe at all. The moon shone brightly. I quickly ran into my car and drove the direction she ran.

...2 hours later...

I started to run low on gas, but couldn't find her anywhere.