Chapter 15

Done with showering and my nightly routine, I grabbed my pile of clothes and walked out of the bathroom. I turned off the light with my shoulder, because my hands were full and I didn't feel like coming all the way back. After I shut my door using my foot, I walked back to my bedroom.

I could have sworn I felt a light breeze pass me. Goosebumps overtook my body, chills running down my spine. I felt uneasy, as if something was about to jump at me from the shadows.

But nobody did.

Thinking this was just my imagination, I quickened my pace and got into the bedroom. Shutting the door, I set my clothes on a bench and took my phone from it. My heart flipped once I saw the four missed calls from Sarah.

I immediately called back and paced around my room as I waited for her to pick up. With each beep I heard, my worrying got worse. Why did she call me four times? She always only calls once and she knows I'll call back. She must have been desperate to reach me. The call ended and I immediately called back again.

Fear bubbled inside my stomach as I felt something was definitely not right. I grabbed my hair and sat down on my head, calling her a third time. But to no avail. I thought about what could I possibly do at this hour. Checking the time, I noticed it was almost midnight.

And I'm gonna go see her. The feeling of something strange never left. I knew something was wrong, otherwise she wouldn't have called me four times in a row. Fleeing in the streets alone at this hour would be madness, so I needed someone to come with me.

I dialed Mike's number and put it against my ear using my shoulder. Grabbing a pair of black jeans and a yellow hoodie, I started to dress myself. After the third ring, a voice answered me.

"..who the fuck would be calling me at- Oh, hello?" Mike spoke slowly, yet his voice was laced with annoyance. I must have disturbed his sleep, but I didn't care. All I cared was about seeing if Sarah was okay.

"Hey, Mike. It's [Y/n]. Sorry for calling, but I need your help." I spoke as I started to put on my white sneakers. I heard him shift and yawn.

"What the fuck would you actually want?" He said. I stood up and switched the phone to my other ear.

"This may sound like complete bullshiz, but I have a feeling something has happened to my friend. I need someone to come with me right now and see if she's alright. Can you do it?"

"Are you serious? I'm-"

"Shut up and meet me at my doorstep in 10 minutes. I'll repay you later, promise." Making my way downstairs, I wondered if I needed my jacket. Taking note it's actually summer and the nights are a lot warmer, I decided to leave it.

"You twat. Alright, I'll be there. But you better fucking keep that promise." He hung up and I sighed, doing a little victory dance in my head. I knew I could count on Mike to come with me. Though, I didn't really think he'd agree.

I walked into the kitchen to get a cold drink. My hair was still dripping wet and I actually didn't care at this point. Opening the fridge, I got out a can of soda and opened it. I leaned against the corner of my counter and enjoyed the cold beverage.

I nearly choked on my drink as I forgot Sarah had also sent me two messages. Quickly unlocking my phone, I opened up my message app. My brows knitted together as I started at the random letters she had sent me. I swear, if this all will be a prank I'll make her pay moral compensation.

I tapped on Gavin's message and noticed it was yet another empty message. I groaned and decided to try and call him. Hopefully he won't joke around this time. Strangely enough, he picked up right after the first ring. I panicked and put the phone on speaker as I went to put the soda back in the fridge.

"Hello? Gavin?" I called out, hoping for an answer this time. I watched as the timer ticked onward, yet there was no sound coming from his end of the line. "If you're fucking with me, then please-" My heart did a flip as I heard someone knock on the window. My eyes grew big as shivers ran up and down my spine. I didn't dare to turn, afraid of what I'd see staring back at me.

"[Y/n]?"

I took in a sharp breath as I heard Gavin's voice call out from the other end of the line. I wanted to answer, but I was too scared. As if one sudden move would end my life right here and now.

"Y-Yes?" I whispered in the phone.

"Why didn't you call me sooner? Or text me even?" He asked, clearly sounding surprised. "Hold up. There's someone by your window." My legs almost gave out at his words. The fear of someone watching me this whole time wasn't for nothing.

"[Y/n]! Let's go dammit! I don't have all night you ass!" Mike's voice called out. Surprise was visible in my eyes as I turned and saw Mike standing by the window. "Well?" He asked.

"Why didn't you use the door, you loser!"

"Well you didn't fucking answer when I knocked!"

"What's going on, [Y/n]?"

"Gavin, I'll call you tomorrow and explain everything. I've got something to do right now." I quickly explained everything to him. How I'm about to go and see if my friend is alright.

"Hold up! I'm not gonna let you go alone, hell to the no! I'll be right outside, wait just a second." I wanted to protest and say I already got someone to come along, but it was too late. I grabbed my keys and speed-walked out of my house, meeting Mike along the way. I locked the house and started to walk away from it.

"You scared the living devil out of me, Mike. I don't know how, but I didn't hear you knock. Thanks for coming though." I blabbered and turned to see Gavin rush out of his house wearing almost all black.

"It's alright and who the fuck is that?" He motioned his head to Gavin. I explained who he was and why he's coming along. Mike just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. Gavin walked up to me and took me by surprise when he hugged me.

"Thought you decided to ignore me." He said when we started to walk down the street. I shortly told everything about how I tried to call him, but he wouldn't pick up and that he'd sent me empty messages. Strangely enough, he didn't seem to remember doing any of that. Mike seemed oddly quiet, as he just followed along without muttering a word. He usually was way more talkative.

It wasn't long before we reached Sarah's house. The neighborhood was dark and her house itself was without any light source. Motioning them to follow, I walked up to the front porch. My stomach twisted as I noticed the light didn't light up. It was usually triggered when sensing motion. Did she have a black out?

Hoping for the best, I knocked on her door. Gavin stood on my left side while Mike stood on my right. I was so thankful I wasn't here alone...