Smoothies and Secrets

To Cassie, who is tough as nails.

Four sets of feet shuffle. Only seen through the crack at the bottom of a door. A young female voice is heard narrating as we see the shadows of the feet switch to the corner of a mahogany table. The voice narrates "You must quickly determine your fate, or risk the consequences!"

SLAM! A clear shot glass hits the mahogany table with a satisfying thud. The face of a mid-teenage girl is seen. A look of disgust is spread across her face.

 Locks of dark chocolate colored, curly hair frame her face. Her dark, brown eyes full of secrets, but are as bright as stars. Her cheekbones are sharp which compliment her strong jawline and her lips small, the perfect size to plant a kiss on. 

"What was in that!" she exclaims. We see the young girl who owns the dark, suspenseful voice we heard earlier. She has dark brown hair, dark, soft eyes, fair skin, and an array of freckles dancing across her small nose. 

She is holding a blender glass, it is full of a dark green liquid. She sticks her finger in to taste it, speaking to the other girl in the process. "Oh come on, Max! It can't be that bad!" Then she makes the worst mistake of her life, she tasted the smoothie. She starts gagging from the revolting taste of the horrific mixture of cucumbers, sweet and dill pickles, ketchup, and LOTS of vinegar. 

She looks over to another girl. The girl's elbows are balanced on the table, her elbows are resting her face, which is slouched in her hands. She is obviously bored. She has shoulder length, chocolate brown hair, which is wavy. Green eyes which sparkle with glee, sharp features which gives her a "tough" vibe, and a short stature, which is made up for her snarling, spunky attitude.

 "Ugh! What did you put in this, Lizzie!" Isadora shrieks. 

"You DON'T wanna know!" She smirks. Smirking is not unusual for Lizzie to do.

 Isadora sets the blender cup down, the liquid inside sloshes around sickeningly. Isadora runs to the bathroom, a look of disgust is spread across her face. 

After she leaves, a small set of hands wrap around the base of the blender cup, and a small plastic straw is gently plopped into the mixture. The sound of slurping is heard and we see the blender cup slowly emptying. But where is it going? 

Now we see the girl drinking up the smoothie.

 She has short red-brownish hair that goes to her ears, silver eyes that are sharp as daggers, but are melted down to a soft silver. She has freckles that dance across her nose, and soft, pale skin that makes her look sickly and mysterious. She can be small and frail, due to her size, but she always is spunky and never backs down from a fight, ever.

The other two girls, Max and Lizzie are laughing at her, then she starts laughing. Now we faintly hear two people fighting. One a young girl and the other, an adult woman. The screams get louder, as the laughing fades away. Now we can hear the screams louder than ever. "Mom!"  The girls' heads turn towards the basement door."Honey, it's a school night."  Lizzie looked over to the girls. Her eyes were already half rolled.  

"Uhhhh!" she groaned. "Now we have to go!" Alex moaned. Almost as if on command the girls started gathering their things to go. "Did you drink it all?" Lizzie asked. Alex nodded, a crooked grin was plastered across her face. As Lizzie and Alex started to run up the stairs, Max picked up the empty blender cup. "Are you gonna finish this?" she asked the girls. Alex and Lizzie looked at Max, simultaneously and both said "No!". Max shrugged her shoulders as she headed up the basement stairs. 

Book- bag on her back, and blender glass in her hand. She walked towards Cody, Isadora's older brother, as he was peeling potatoes in the kitchen. He was contently peeling the potatoes, when suddenly, SPLAT! The remains of the gross, smelly concoction flung against Cody's white shirt. He turned around in disgust while giving her a dirty look. She smiled, hoping to get a rise out of him, like how she does to her brothers. She smiled her crooked grin as he rolled his eyes and went back to peeling his potatoes. Damn it! Max thought as she went outside to meet the other girls on their bikes.