chapter 3

skips to next thursday.

"how could you say that?" emily asked her father getting agitated by the second.

"because the whole thing goes against every instinct that I have."

"I don't understand why."

"look at it from my perspective it's like I'm rewarding you because you dropped out of college," he said wanting to change the subject of dance.

"I only went to college because you wanted me to."

"so this is all about the uh the win wood thing."

"there one of the best contemporary dance programs in the world dad," she responded practically begging her father.

"you know how I feel about this, it's one out of a thousand one out of two thousand."

"yeah," emily said throwing her napkin on the table.

"it's one thing to ask me about it as a kid it's another thing to try to make a career out of it."

"thanks for the support," she said sarcastically just as a waiter approached them with a glass of water and orange juice.

"I'll have the uh egg platter, fruit and yogurt?" he asked his daughter, she didn't reply because she was mad at her father. "fruit and yogurt for the young lady," her father said to the waiter.

the waiter nodded his head writing everything down, and as he was about to walk away he recognized her face.

"hi," he said to emily and she looked up confused and knocked over her glass of orange juice in surprise once she recognized her waiter was cameron.

"oh my god I'm so sorry," emily apologized while cameron got on his knee picking up the shattered glass from the floor.

"it's okay alright? it's not problem," he said while cleaning up the orange juice with a rag.

"emily most people would jump for an opportunity for the one that I'm begging and trying to give you. I just don't understand the attitude," and her father continued rambling and while cameron was picking up the glass from the floor he ran his finger over emily's legs.

she kicked him from under the table and he chuckled as he stood up.

"I'll be right back with another drink," cameron said while staring at emily making her go into a gaze as he walked off.

"emily... emily.... emily, I'm talking to you," her father said annoyed. she shook her head a couple of times as she came back to reality.

"I heard you," she said annoyed.

"it's the way it is, either your a professional dancer by the end of the summer, or you come home to cleveland and work for me."

emily opened her eyes wide as she was infuriated. "we used to see eye to eye with everything, don't you remember? emily and dad verses the world? what happened?" he asked her.

"we can still see eye to eye dad, we can. I just also wish you could want for me what I want for myself," emily said getting up, throwing her napkin on the table, grabbing her bag, and walking away.

cameron watched the whole thing as he gathered up a new glass and decided to follow her.
-
emily rolled over on the floor as she carried her foot with her. she stood up arching her back and gathered her hands and kicked her foot up in the air she she twirled for a second.

during her dance cameron walked inside and watched her dance in amusement. he loved the way she danced, and thought she was very talented.

once she finished she looked up and jumped scared.

"I im sorry," camreron stuttered as he chuckled a little.

"what are you doing?" she asked him mad.

"just getting off of work, and I heard the music. does your dad know?" he asked her.

"my dad doesn't need to know my every move. sorry, I'm just mad," she said as she slipped on her shoes.

"okay well what are you doing tomorrow?" he asked her and she replied asking why.

"want to take you somewhere."

"thanks, but I'm good," emily said getting ready to walk away but cameron grabbed her hand twirling her around towards his chest.

he slipped a piece of paper into
her hand. "be here, at 8," he said and as she was going to walk away he told her to wear something nice.

emily nodded her head as she walked out of the gym room walking towards the bus stop.

it took 40 minutes until she got home and when she did she was exhausted. she turned on the water and clogged the drainer. she filled the bath with bubbles as she slowly slipped inside.

she just wanted to relax and let all her worries go away.

as soon as she was going to fall asleep her phone buzzed to the right of her. she groaned while rolling her eyes and picked up the phone.

cameron| wyd?

trying to relax in a bubble bath, you?

cameron| bored out of my mind.

emily wanted to ask if he could go with her and her parents to dinner because her mother was a booshie type. her mother would be disappointed in her if she hadn't had anyone in interest.

she was nervous for his reaction but thought, what the heck?

would you wanna maybe go to dinner with me and my parents?

cameron| hmm, what for?

my parents are uptight asf. if I don't have anyone in interest they will be disappointed in me. I understand if you don't want to, I can ask a guy friend.

cameron| no no I'll go. what should I wear?

a black tux.

cameron| I gotchu don't worry, we'll fool them.

<3

cameron| okay, I'll stop bugging you. finish your bubble bath, can we talk on the phone after?

of course.

after her bubble bath emily did indeed, call cameron. she enjoyed the sound of his voice so much, his laugh, his smile.

they fell asleep on the phone together that night. just talking about life.

a vote & a comment for the next update.