Chapter 37

When Squid had calm down, Tom brought him inside and Heath was getting questioned at the time by Squid's lawyer.
"Mr Bradley, at this very time you are in jail for attempted murder of David Spencer and Ashley Hall is that correct?" Lucas asked
"Yes that is correct" Heath said
"Can you tell me why you were accused of attempted murder?"
"Because, I kidnapped Ashley and shot David twice. He was coming to rescue his friend as according to my plan. I wanted him dead for leaving my group, he chose losers over us and now Ricki is dead because of this. David stabbed her, I know this, I called Ricki that day and she told me what had been happening. She said David tried to harm her, that he had brought her to that factory"
"Lies, your lying Heath, I never did that!" David yelled
"Quiet" the judge shouted
"He had gone out of the room and forgotten to take her mobile, that's how she called me and then I heard her scream and then nothing" Heath lied
"He's lying, I never did that!" Squid yelled
"Quiet Mr Spencer or otherwise you could run the risk of going to jail anyway" the judge said which kept Squid quiet.
He was shaking, Heath was lying and he knew it.
"Thank you Mr Bradley you may sit down now. Can we please have Mr Ashley Hall in the witness stand?" The judge ordered.
Kiahne was going to question him.
"Mr Hall, you were there when the fire happened, is that correct?" Kiahne asked
"Yes, that is, David called me when he escaped and the fire had erupted, we were on our way already to stop him, we didn't know how long David had been gone for, most likely a while. When we arrived, I was still on the phone to Squid and I ran in the factory to find him. It took me ten minutes until I did but even then we were both doomed until the firemen came and saved us" Ash explained
"You were kidnapped by Ricki and her friends earlier this year and David came to save you, can you tell me exactly what happened?"
"I was taken by Heath and his gang at the school dance. David and I were performing that night and that's when it happened, on stage in the middle of a song. I was then kept in a warehouse I think it was for about two weeks until David found me and he was shot twice. Then the rest of my friends showed up but so did Heath's. We all fought until I got Heath to give up"
"You said, David was on stage with you when you were taken is that correct?"
"Yes it is"
"Did you ever think that David may have been involved in this action?"
"No, he's my mate he wouldn't do that"
"He used to be apart of Heath's gang, it didn't even come to your mind?"
"No, not once, as soon as I saw Heath, I knew it was all him, Squid was knocked out at the time when it happened, I heard him yell"
"That'll be all Mr Hall, Mr Wright, you may continue your questioning".
Kiahne then sat down. Ash felt like he was trying to be forced to say something, the pressure was now no longer just getting to Squid but Ash as well.

After Squid's lawyer had questioned all of Heath's gang and it was once again Squid's turn.
"Mr Spencer, we have heard my clients's sides of their stories and now your turn again. In the factory after the fire had been put out, Ricki's body was found with a knife in her chest with your fingerprints on it. How do you explain this?" Kiahne questioned
Squid was on edge now.
"Just show the security footage of that day" Squid said and the footage was shown. Everything that had happened. His friends, brother and cousin were even horrified. Squid didn't mention everything. He didn't mention about making the first move on killing Ricki, he didn't mention how he had killed her and they all thought, they had been trying to defend him for something he had actually done, not in defence but cold blood. Squid was now crying, he knew it was over.
"Well, this has had a huge turn" Kiahne said.
"He looked towards his friends and they looked away, even Tom and Tyson looked away, even Nicole. He knew he had lost trust in them, they had lost their trust in him. And they thought that he was good guy, the one that had changed but no, evil still lurked in Squid, Ricki's blood was on Squid's hands and guilt plastered on his face.
"The jury will now decide on if Mr Spencer is guilty, or not guilty" the judge said and Squid went back to his seat.
Lucas gave him a sorry look and Squid just cried. Not one of his friends rose from their seat to comfort him, he knew he was in the wrong and deserved it. Ten minutes later the jury returned.
"Is this your final decision?" The judge asked and the jury nodded.
"Very well then, Mr David, Spencer, you have been founded..."