xii.

[The Mill, April, after dinner - Cute Goats]

KAT: "After showering, which body part do you go for usually?"

RANIA: (blank stare) "We're not even playing a drinking game and yet you manage to come up with the most ridiculous questions."

KAT: "Just answer me, don't complain."

RANIA: "I..." (makes a couple of weird hand gestures) "I go for my face first, I think."

KAT: (grins wickedly) "Well, I always go for the boobies."

RANIA: (deadpan) "How interesting. Did I ask for that knowledge?"

KAT: "How else do you want to be entertained while knitting? It's relaxing, sure, but not exactly exciting otherwise, is it?"

RANIA: (after a few beats of silence in which only the clatter of the knitting needles can be heard) "I suppose you're right. Although I have you know that it physically pains me to be saying this."

KAT: "Ouch, you're wounding me, goat."

RANIA: (groans) "Why can't you let that go already?"

KAT: "I don't know." (shrugs, absent-mindedly as she concentrates on an especially difficult bit of her knitting project) "I think it's really cute. Like your own personal insult for me, you know?"

RANIA: (sceptically glances at Kat) "Since when are insults cute?"

KAT: (grins) "It's a new phenomenon."

RANIA: (opens her mouth, then closes it again) "I won't even ask."

KAT: "Great. Then it's your turn now. Ask me something you never really wanted to know."

RANIA: "Hm... That's gonna be difficult, though, since there's nothing I don't want to know about you." (playfully pokes her with a needle)

KAT: "You're going to be the end of me, I swear."