|| Chapter Twentyone ||

Riele's gaze was a sharp razor blade.

"You're right. None of this was worth it."

She replied in a low, dry tone. I smiled, nodding my head.

"Oh, she's poisonous. As I recall that isn't what you were screaming an hour ago, was it? Is my memory being faulty? Or..."

I stood up straight and closed the gap of distance between us in one step.

"What were you calling me earlier?"

As I began stroking my chin and studying the light fixtures, Riele squirmed uncomfortably. Her eyes growing glassy and distant.

"Stop."

She whispered. I reached my hand up and slowly closed my fingers around the slim build of her throat.

"You remember, don't you? It was so sexy."

She tried to pull herself away from me, her mouth twisting up into a scowl.

"Get the fuck away from me you bastard."

I squeezed lightly, just enough to keep her still. I felt her swallowing multiple times against my palm. My lips traced the air above her cheek, not touching her skin, but grazing it with my breath.

"Say it."

When Riele couldn't move anymore she breathed in my grip with her eyes fixed on something far off behind me. She blinked rapidly and succumbed to the pressure on her neck.

"Daddy."

Having said the said the word with so much reluctance and disgust, I half expected her to roll her eyes.

"Look at me."

My grip tightened and her gaze flickered to mine within an instant.

"Say it... again."

She stared at me, pausing before she replied in a low breathy tone.

"Daddy."

I looked down at her lips and let my hand fall away from her neck. Smoothing my hands down to the warm soft places under her thighs, I pulled her close to me roughly.

"You had your one chance, angel face."

I kissed her lips softly and felt her trembling. The beat of her heart hammered against my chest. She wanted to resist, but this is where we stood together. I had taken apart of her soul, and she had taken apart of mine. Whether she realized it or not, we were connected by something much deeper than our circumstance.

"I need water."

When our lips had drifted apart, she quickly slipped off the counter and walked to the fridge. I smirked, leaning down on the counter and watching as she grabbed a bottle, twisted the cap off and took several long sips. The directions on the back of the Verbena boxes had clarified the sexual arousal would only last an hour after use. That was all I needed.

...

Riele -

Back and bed with the devil. The darkness in the bedroom feels haunting and stiff. I want to turn the lights back on, but I dare not move. I don't know if Jace is asleep, after what happened in the kitchen I feel as if it was warning. As I had predicted I hate myself for choosing sex over my freedom. It's getting hot again. The air conditioner is on and I can feel it blowing on my arms and my face but this heat was becoming familiar. I reached my hand under my shirt and felt the solidness of my nipples. Shit. A loud sigh escapes my lips and Jace stirs beside me. I begged silently for him not to touch me, if he does I'll be gone. I'll drown myself in him again. When we're having sex he's a different person. The same, but different. It depends on his mood I suppose. Earlier it was frantic and satisfying, the hell bent notion in his eyes was to please me in every possible way he could. He had put my needs over his own.

The first time had been almost unbearable, the way he teased me and prodded responses from my body put me in such a mentally blocked head space I doubted the loyalty I had for myself. I can hear my heart beating in my ears, the steady pounding is almost irritating. Jace turned on his side, the side that is facing me. I feel his breath on my arms. I'm laying there, wishing I was floating in a frozen cold pool like an ice cube. Away from this tormenting heat. Away from him and his broken promise.

Moments passed like seconds. I feel Jace's hand creeping under the edge of my shirt, he moves until his head is resting on my shoulder and his lips are in my neck. I close my eyes and whisper so quietly that no can hear me. Not even myself. His hand engulfs the small shape of my one of my breast, I felt my spine going rigid as he gently scraped the fingernail of his thumb across my swollen nipple. It almost felt painful. Like that stress of tension building in my body was being released. His other hand lifted my shirt up to my neck, I felt the light breeze on my stomach and winced as he lowered his head and caught my nipple between his teeth, he then sucked in one harsh motion. I heard my breath rushing from my lungs. My fingers became tangled in his hair. I was burning, as he continued working his way down. But I didn't understand. It was like he knew what I wanted before I wanted it.

"Stop stop stop...."

I whispered. But it was barely audible to him... To me. He kept going and in the back of my mind I thought, I hate him, but I love what this is. Soon the gentle caressing, licking, and nibbling turned aggressive. Jace had the button down off within an instant and my blazing naked body was exposed before him. My mind feels alluded of the right judgement. And before I know it, I'm giving in to him. I'm letting him weaken me. When I feel his heated bare skin on mine, I wilt like a flower under the glare of the sun. I want to get away from him, but I want to be closer and closer. I want him to stop, but I never want him to slow down. 

"I hate you."

I whispered breathlessly into his ear as he pushed himself into me, causing me to dig my nails into the muscles of his back and grunt softly. 

"I've noticed."

He groaned quietly, grinding into me. Within that moment, if anyone had seen us entangled together they would have thought we were drunk in love, knowing nothing of the brutal situation that existed between us. 

Jace - 

I became angrier and angrier with each thrust into her. Feeling the magnetic pulse of her head against my chest and the the grip of her teeth on my shoulder. She wants to resist me, but she's weak. The thought began zooming around in my head like a tornado.  She was panting insufferably, I can tell when she's reaching her limit and usually I slow down to make her wait but this time I didn't. I drove for the goal, hard and fast. I wanted this to be over, but not without leaving my mark on her. Not without making her feel me when she went to go take or shower or even stand up to walk. I held her waist in my hands and gave one final push before she gasped, her body tensing and coiling around me in that pleasurable stretch of distance. I could have held out for longer. But I released her from my grip, an ingenious idea tinkering around in my mind distracted me from Riele's puckered lips and closed eyes.

Her body was slick with sweat, tantalizing and something I'd further enjoy long into the night. But the effects of the Verbena were wearing off. The glow of lust was fading from her eyes. I smoothed my hand over her flushed cheek, sweeping damp curls from over her forehead and studying the soft shape of her face. A sliver of moonlight illuminated her features.The look in her eyes was now guilty, but satisfied. I loathed it, turning away from her and slipping out of the bed. My bed. I retreated to the bathroom and quietly closed the door.  

Thanks for reading! You know the drill :)