Chapter 13

Camila eventually cleaned up and they fell asleep. But Camila was snuggled up with her pillow while Lauren was at the edge of the bed.

Camila woke up at 3:45 in the morning feeling a empty warmth next to her. She stirred sitting up noticing Lauren wasn't there. She heard movements going on in the kitchen and she followed the sound.

Appearing in the kitchen, she saw Lauren frantically making pancakes and she had already 3 plates full of them. Camila wasn't gonna lie, she was a little scared, Lauren looked crazy.

"Hey babe hey! Want some breakfast?!" Lauren shouted softly but abruptly noticing Camila.

Camila squinted at the dim light and still very sleepy. In a raspy voice she said "Um no thank you, it's still night time. you okay?"

"yeah! yeah I'm good. Do you know how much pre-school is? 20grand! For circle time. What about college? Actually college is running about 50 grand right now but that's right now so figure in 18 years it'll be double that at least and well.... we have twins so double it again." she flips the pancakes and continues to ramble. "so what's that like 200 grand a year? We have to get books and clothes and shit. They're probably gonna need cars when their in school. I'm gonna be a pushover and buy them whatever they want." She dumps the pancakes on the plate. "So what's that like half a million a year?.." Lauren stares up at Camila. "I don't have half a million a year I'm in night school. but don't worry that's all most think about." Lauren slightly scoffed but not towards Camila.

Camila just leaned against the doorframe and stared at Lauren sympathetically. Camila walked closer and grabbed the spatula out of Lauren's hand and setting it down while turning off the stove. She grabbed Lauren's hands and said,

"Come back to bed baby, okay?"

"okay.." Lauren looked down.

They walked back with Camila behind Lauren, pushing her.

"Did I- did I wake you up?" Lauren said as they made it back to their room.

"No.." Camila lied.

They laid in bed facing each other and Camila's pillow in between. Lauren's hand was on the pillow near Camila's face and Camila's hand was on top of Lauren's.

"We're gonna be okay, I have money saved-"

Lauren shook her head and caressed Camila's hand, "It's not about the money, I can figure out a way to get enough money"

"What is it then"

"It's just... I need to know... Are you still in there?" Lauren whispered.

They stared at each other for a while until Camila spoke and smiled.

"I'm still here."

Lauren took a deep breath and got up walking over to Camila's side of the bed. She leaned down to give Camila a passionate kiss and once she released, she grabbed the pillow and opened the window. She stepped out into their balcony which underneath was a dumpster and she threw it down. Once she hopped back in the window she smiled looking at Camila who looked up at her with a grin and said.

"I love you."

Lauren just responded by taking off her shirt and hovering over Camila, kissing her.
_____________________________________