Story Idea #2

Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my sweet three year old daughter, Elizabeth whispering for me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the clock, it was three o'clock in the morning. I looked at the face of my pride and joy. Tears streaming down her face. I sat up and picked her up and placed her into Liam's side of the bed. I laid down next to her and kissed her forehead. This happened every time Liam wasn't home. She would have terrible nightmares and come and sleep with me. I watched as the little girl fell asleep with ease. She looked so much like her father when she slept. I stared at her until the alarm clock started to go off, signaling that it was six o'clock. I sighed and hit the button to switch it off. I called my mom and told her Lizzy and I would be visiting in a few weeks. She was ecstatic.

The last time my mother saw my face was when I decided to go to college in New York. After two years of college there, I moved to England to continue my studies. My mother and I Skype'd constantly.

I looked over at a stirring Lizzy. "Mom, I have to go now. I will call you later. Bye. Love you. " with that I hung up. I gently shook Lizzy. "Wake up sweetheart. " I whispered. She slowly opened her eyes, revealing those chocolate brown eyes she inherited from her father. She smiled at me. I picked her up and carried her to her room. I sat her on the bed and began to look for something to dress her in. I found a little pink dress and some white sandals, for the warm weather today. I place her clothes on the bed. "Okay, let's get you washed up. " she reached for me. I picked her up with ease and carried her to the bathroom. I began to run the water, I adjusted it so it wasn't to hot or to cold. Once her bath was ready, I placed her into the bath tub. She loved bath time. She sometimes would pretend to be a fish. I watched her with a smile. "Lift." She lifted her foot. I began to wash her toes singing this little piggy. She giggled. When she was done being washed. I wrapped her in a towel and picked her up. I carried her to her room. I grabbed a bottle of lotion and began to lotion her skin.

"Mommy." She said in her sweet voice.

"Yes, sweetheart. "

"Is daddy coming home today?" She asked staring me in the eyes. I sighed.

"I don't know baby girl. " she looked down at her feet. "How about this, after school I will call him for you. How's that sound?" She smiled. I slipped her dress over her head. She didn't understand why her dad was hardly home and I don't know how to explain what her dad does. At that moment, I heard a knock at the door. "Play with your toys, while mommy goes to answer the door. " she nodded and went to play with her toys. I smiled and went to answer the door. I opened the door and smiled sweetly at Liam's mom. "Hey."

"Hi, where is she?" She asked.

"In her room. " I said stepping aside so she could walk in. She rushed into Lizzy's room. I followed. I stood in the doorway and watched.

"Grandma!" My daughter cheered. I smiled. Karen crouched down.

"Hello Angel. Well, don't you look beautiful. " she smiled.

"Mommy picked it out. " Lizzy smiled, playing with the end of her dress.

"I see. You look as beautiful as her. " she continued.

"Lizzy, why don't you go get your new teddy bear from my room." I said smiling. She nodded and rushed out. Karen stood.

"She looks more and more like Liam everyday. "

"I know. " I sighed.

"Have you spoken to him?" She asked with concern in her eyes.

"He called two nights ago, but I haven't heard from him since then. " I ran a hand over my face. Karen pulled my hand away and hugged me.