Story Idea #3

I jolt up in bed, being awakened by my alarm clock. I glare over at the evil that sits upon my nightstand, before shutting the blaring sound off. Then, my bedroom door opens. My parents slowly walk in with breakfast on a tray. I take a big wiff. The smell of waffles, bacon and eggs fill my nostrils. My mom sits the tray on my lap.

"Good morning, buttercup." My dad greets me. He bends slightly to kiss me on the forehead. "Happy 18th."

"Thanks, daddy." I look at them and smile. My mother starts to cry. I sigh and sit the tray to the side. I pull her into a hug. "Mom, you promised you wouldn't do this." I rub her back, soothingly.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." She responds. "You're growing up so fast." She pulls back. "Next thing you know, you'll be in college. Unlike your brother." She wipes her eyes.

"Speaking of Michael. Where is he?" I ask as I sit back on the bed and start eating. My father sits next to me.

"Probably with his girlfriend." My dad says as he takes a piece of my bacon, or tries to. I quickly slap it out of his hand.

"Mine." I narrow my eyes at him and he raises his hands in defense. I look at the clock again. "I should start getting ready." I sit the tray on my nightstand and get up.

"We get the hint." My father stands and grabs mom's hand. He drags her out. I head to my bathroom to start getting ready. I turn on the shower and strip out of my pajamas. I get into the shower and start to hum some Ariana Grande song as I clean myself.

 After my shower, I wrap a towel around myself. I go over to the sink and grab my toothbrush. I squirt toothpaste onto the bristles. I start to brush my teeth, making sure to brush all the needed areas. I bend down to rinse my mouth. When I stand up straight, I catch a glimpse of my dull chocolate brown eyes flash a bright blue color. I stare in the mirror in complete shock. What the hell? I stare into my own eyes through the reflection. I shake my head and continue with my daily routine. I rinse off my toothbrush.  I walk into my bedroom and start getting dressed. I grab the tray and my bookbag. I make my way downstairs. I finish off my bacon and majority of my waffles and eggs before dumping the extras and placing the plate in the sink. I grab my car keys.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I yell from the door. After getting a goodbye, I leave the house and go out to my car. I throw my bag into the backseat and quickly make my way to the school. I drum my fingers on the steering wheel of the car as I wait for a red light change. In no time I was at the school, pulling into the closest, non-handicapped, parking space. I park the car and pull out my phone to text my best friend Allison, telling her I was at school. I get out of the car and open the backdoor and grab my bag. I close the door and lock the car. I quickly make my way inside of the school. I make a quick stop to my locker, putting the books for the first three hours in my bag. I then make my way to Mrs. Parker's English Lit class. I see Allison sitting in her usual seat, arguing with Claude Johnson.

"Don't be a moron, Claude." Ali glares at him. "You know this is Nona's seat."

"This seat doesn't have Nona's name on it." Claude says gesturing to the desk. I see Allison go into her backpack, which is sitting comfortably in my seat. She pulls out a Sharpie. I immediately walk over. I brush pass Claude and take the marker out of her hands. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Don't vandalize my desk, Ali." I laugh. I put the Sharpie back into her bag and move her bag. I take my seat and look at Claude. "Maybe next time, pal." I smile sweetly. He scoffs and walks off to the other side of the classroom. Then, the bell rings. I pull out my note book.

As the hour droned on, I frantically start writing the notes on the board before the teacher moves on to the next slide. Then, I heard this annoying sound.