Chapter 4: A Code's Bet

Y/N sat lazily on her bed as she typed away. "Y/N~" Luciel's voice rang throughout the apartment.

"Yeah?" Her faint voice indicated where she was. His footsteps got louder as he made his way to her room. His head poked in,"Can we do something?" 

Y/N sighed, flopping her hands onto her keyboard, careful not to type anything, and looked up at Luciel,"Not today. I have an assignment to complete." 

Luciel smirked to himself. 

The tables have turned.

"Oh come on! Pleaaase!" He made his way to Y/N's bed. He got on his knees and put his hands together, as if he was praying. 

"Oh the great God 707 begs at your will!" Y/N blankly looked down at him. "Nice try." Her attention went back to her laptop. 

He pouted then stormed off to the living room. Shuffling was heard then silence. 

Luciel soon came back minutes later. "Y/N! Help! Boredom is consuming me!" He held onto the door frame as he dramatically sank to the floor. 

"Haha. Very funny. Come on Luciel. I've got work to do." Luciel's head soon popped up. "Poo." He got up and left the room. 

Seconds later, he ran in and just dropped to the floor. "Bleh! Boredom consumed me." He laid down on the floor motionless as Y/N took a glance at him. 

"That's nice, but if you're going to die, then please go die in the living room." The keys on the keyboard rapidly to get louder as she typed faster. 

Luciel's head popped up once again. "What's happening?" Y/N quickly put up a finger to silence him, then continued to type again. 

The sound slowed down, then Y/N hung back her head. "Nothing. That was just someone trying to prevent my hack." Her hands rested on the keyboard. 

"You can prevent that hack, but you couldn't prevent my hack?" Luciel pushed himself up and kneeled beside her bed. 

Y/N raised a brow at him,"I was young and childish back then." Luciel blankly stared at her. "That was 8 days ago." 

She pouted and went back to typing. 

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"For the love of God, Luciel what?!" She frustratingly looked at the ceiling then down at Luciel. 

"Can we pleaaase do something?" He sunk down the bed and pouted. "No. I have to complete this assignment." 

"Oddly taking you a long time." He muttered. 

"Excuse me?" The typing stopped and Y/N looked down at him. 

"I said 'Oddly taking you a long time'." Luciel said it slow and moved his head with each syllable.

"Are you challenging me?" She put her laptop aside and kicked her legs off the bed, causing Luciel to move. 

She towered over him. Luciel stood up looking down at Y/N. "What if I am?" 

|||

"Vanderwood!" Y/N whined as she held the phone close to her mouth.

"Boss Vanderwood" 

"Yeah. Yeah. Anyway, what's your most challenging or dangerous assignment?"