Chapter- 23

"Give me a sign. Take my hand, we'll be fine."

~ Treat You Better; Shawn Mendes

Liam almost cries out a 'hallelujah' when the bell rings and he's released from his History class. Don't get him wrong, he loves the subject and the information it provides but his teacher's monotone lecture can be pretty frustrating at times.

He picks up his book and is ready to run away to the cafeteria but slows himself down at the thought of seeing Zayn after the rejection that had taken place the day before.

He hadn't seen the black haired boy all day around the corridors and since they didn't share any classes until after lunch, he was almost certain that Zayn had skipped school. Which made him feel queasy inside.

Had the fact that Liam liked him, disgusted him to that extent that he missed school?

He hopes not.

At the thought, he sighs and makes his way out the classroom, nodding to his teacher as a form of a respectable goodbye for the day.

He keeps his books inside his locker and turns around to make his way to the cafeteria (and hopefully, Zayn), when a hand appears in front of him, restraining him to do so.

The hand belongs to a girl, Liam knows, as Tami. She smiles at him, teeth and all, and greets, "Hi, Liam." Liam is confused by the girl's sudden attention towards him, he's been noticing the glances she gave im during classes.

"Um. Hey, Tami," he greets back, "Is there something that you need?" he adds when there's a tiny, awkward silence between them.

"Oh, yeah. How stupid of me," she says to herself and they both laugh, "I just wanted to invite you to a party...." she says, with seeming innocence but Liam knows that there are ulterior motives behind her offer.

"A party?" Liam breathes out, "Who's hosting it?"

Tami shakes her head, "Doesn't matter. It's a um, college party. I was hoping you'd be my date to it," she says and Liam finally understands her reason for asking Liam. "Your what?" Liam splutters in disbelief and Tami laughs, the sound almost flirtatious.

She puts a hand on his arm, the one that's holding his books, "Oh come on, Liam. I've always found you...hot, for lack of better words. So, tell me, babe, you up for it?" Liam could feel her other hand slightly brushing his bicep.

Liam was so surprised, he almost didn't know what to say, "Uh..Tami, I don't know where you've gotten the idea from bu-"

"But what?" she interrupts, moving closer, "Are you with someone else?" Liam could feel her moving closer. He may be bisexual and Tami might be good looking, but he was extremely uncomfortable right now.

"I-It's complicated." he says, images of Zayn swirling in his mind. Even though Zayn pushed him away, that doesn't mean his crush too faded away with that.

"Not complicated enough for me to take you first?" she leans in even more and Liam finally puts his hand on her shoulder to push her away.

As as he was about to push her away, he saw a glimpse of Zayn behind her as the lad passed them. Maybe Liam's heart broke even more when he didn't even look in Liam's direction.

"No Tami. I'm not in a relationship but please, I'm not interested. I hope you get the idea," he pushes her away from himself, but the girl only grins, in a seductive manner.

"Yeah, I get it. You're not interested. But you will be," she whispers in his ear and Liam almost shudders in disgust, "Bye, Liam," she blows him a kiss and walks away, all while swaying her hips.