The boy In the window

Small Dan, ran into his room sobbing, it had yet been another difficult day at school, the girls wouldn't let him play jump rope with them because he was a boy, and the boys wouldn't let him trade pokemon cards with them because he was to weird. As much as the five year old tried to show his mother how happy he was he was dying inside, of all the hurt and suffering. 

"Why are you crying," A boy with loped sided jet black hair, and eyes as blue as the deepest oceans, said looking loped sided at him.

"Dan looked up to see a child, not much older than him sitting in his window frame/

Dan quickly pulled his sleeves to his eyes whipping away the tears "Um nothing, I um just had dirt in my eyes see," Dan said whilst trying his hardest to smile so the strange boy would believe him and he wouldn't have to spill his secrets to anyone. 

"I don't believe you," The boy said sliding into the room sending dan into a panic.

"I'm not going to hurt you," The mysterious boy said as he saw the fear fill the dark brown eyes of the young boy

"Prove it to me," Dan said whilst he looked around the room trying to find something to defend himself with you.

"Tomorrow, I will keep you company during playtime. I will see you outside your classroom goodnight dan," The Mysterious boy said before walking towards the window.

"Wait, I don't even know you name." Dan said in a shy voice.

"Names Phil," and with that the stranger was gone.

The next day, young Dan eagerly waited outside the classroom, while getting strange looks from others in his class, Giving up he started walking back inside his class to spend yet another lunch time eating lunch with his teacher.

"Wait," A soft voice called out, Dan turned around to see the mysterious boy from early running up toward him.

"Oh, I thought you weren't going to show," Dan said softly trying not to let the hurt show in his voice.

"Sorry, I got lost. I didn't exactly know where you classroom was you know." The boy said smiling at Dan.

"Oh, right, sorry," Dan said felling said that this was partly his fault, He should've checked before the stranger left that he knew where he was going and not just assume that the boy had any idea where they where going.

"Its fine, you are five. Things like making sure you know directions aren't meant to be in your mind, building thoughts and owning a million and one dogs are," Phil said with a smile on his face.

"Would you, like me too show you around. I mean, yeah," Dan said shocked that anyone was actually wanting to talk to him. He looked over his shoulder to see the girls from earlier whispering to each other before laughing at him.

"I would very much like that Daniel," Phil said with a smile on his face.

"No-one ever calls me Daniel," Dan said while looking down at his feet.

"Oh, If you don't want me to call you that I don't have too." Phil said turning a shade of red of embarrassment.

"Its fine, it kind of makes me feel happy." Dan said smiling.

and with that the bell rang, interrupting the pair.

Dan looked over his shoulder to see pupils from his class heading towards the class. turning back to say fear well to phil. he noticed phil was gone. Dan's heart sank. maybe phil didn't want to be friends with him after all.