The Boy Behind the screen

Word Count : 1300. 

Dan Sat there, hands behind the key boarded opening up mail, this was it. he was about to send his inspiration an email as well as ask for some editing tips. Dan had been 'stalking' Phil for serval months now. watching all the videos he had posted. Dan had been posting his own videos for a while, but knew none of his would ever match up to phil.

Dan took a deep breath before started to type the message 

To: AmazingPhil

From:Danisnotonfire

Hey, I just wanted to say love the videos and was wondering if you could give me some tips.

Dan.

Before Dan could second guess himself he hit send. realising what he had just down shutting his laptop knowing he wouldn't get a reply. Why would Phil Lester reply to a kid liked him. he shut his eyes. not knowing that the guy behind the screen had just opened his email.

Dan woke up the next morning instantly regretting the email he sent last night. knowing nothing would have happened he got ready for the day. Today he would be filming his latest and greatest video.

Dan Logged into youtube, he had edited his video and was about to post. thats when he noticed. the mail button had a one hovering over it. nervously Dan opened up the email, unable to believe his eyes. Dan Nervously opened it.

To: Danisnotonfire

From: AmazingPhil

Hey,  There Daniel. Thanks so much for watching my videos love the support. Ive watched a few of your videos and loved them, I can't see why you would be wanting editing tips from someone like me when you've pretty much got it nailed. But if I was too give you one tip it would to be your own style and people will love you for it.

Goodnight Daniel

Phil.

Dan could hardly believe his eyes his inspiration had not only replied to his Email, but he had watched some of his videos. 

Dan hit reply. before Dan knew it the pair had been replying backwards and forwards for a few months,  finding out they had more in common then they originally knew and thats when Dan got the text he had not expected getting from Phil

Phil - Want to Skype some time.

Dan's heart started racing as terrible thoughts started flooding his brain, what if once phil saw him in person he wouldn't like him anymore, or what if phil was wanting to talk just so he could say he had been joking this whole time, and he was going to be on the latest episode of Punk'd.Dan knew that the only way to find out was too accept the older boys request into the Skype. and if phil hated him, then that was the way the earth decided to turn. although he was used to people leaving he really wanted phil to stay.

Dan - Okay

That night Dan turned on his laptop before pacing the room, waiting for the incoming call. The silence was deafening and Dan was sure that he would be able to hear a pin drop. The ringing soon pierced the air. Dan hovered the mouse over before finally clicking Accept.

Dan looked at the face which had just appeared before him, even more beautiful in person.

"Hey," Phil said eventually breaking the silence, snapping the young boy out of his thoughts.

"Hey," Dan replied.

The duo continued to talk and eventually Dan looked out the window to see the sun was rising outside his window. The pair looked at each other and smiled.

"It's been awhile since I stayed up and spoke to someone all night," Dan said with a small smile on his face, still hoping that Phil was as authentic as he was making him out to be.

"must do this again sometime" Phil said with a small smile growing  on his face.

The pair skyped for months,  before phil made the first move.

"So Dan, I was wondering if you wanted to come down to manchester soon, I could show you around, you know do all the touristy stuff" Dan looked phil directly in the eyes to make sure he wasn't having Dan on. But Phil's deep blue eyes spoke for themselves.

Dan booked the ticket, his excitement building up inside of him not only was he about to meet his internet friend, but it was also going to be a once in a life time opportunity. He packed his bags just taking the essentials, before going to the train station, as he walked in the fall air started nip as he pulled the hoodie over his head and waited for the train to reach the platform. Eventual the train pulled up and Dan felt nervous enter his body this was it.

Dan entered the carriage sitting down, knowing he had a few hours to entertain himself before they would arrive at the platform, eventually the nervous got the better of him and he fell asleep. The next time Dan opened his eyes was when the attendant walked up to him asking if he would like a cold drink. Dan politely declined.

As the Train pulled into the station, Dan saw him. the stranger he had been talking to and admiring for a while. The stranger with jet black hair and eyes as clear as the oceans. Dan threw the bag over his shoulders before running out the train and tacking Phil to the ground.

"Hey Dan," Phil said smiling at the younger boy, who was now embarrassingly pulling himself off Phil.

"Im sorry," Dan said his voice growing softer.

"Its fine Dan, You don't know how long I've waited for you to do that," Phil said saying the last bit in a whisper.

They slowly made their way back to phil place so that dan could drop his food off before they went exploring the town. 

They decided to stop in starbucks to get phil's favourite pumkin spiced latte. 

"I drink so many of these its crazy, I mean its only acceptable to drink them for the 31 days in October so better make the most of it right Daniel," Phil said looking over to the young boy who looked completely out of it.

"Hmm yeah," Dan said as he came right again. normally he wouldn't want people calling him Daniel but when Phil said it his heart skipped a beat, and somehow made him feel like the whole world had stopped.

A few days later, Dan was back at the train station, trying not to let the emotions get the better of him. Dan didn't want to go back home. He felt safe whenever he was with Phil, however he didn't want to become a burden on Phil so knew he should leave.

"Thanks for coming Dan," Phil said walking the young boy into the train station.

"And thank you for having me," Dan said stopping hoping this wouldn't be the final fear well. 

"its alright, anytime," Phil said kissing the forehead of the young boy before steeping back, as his cheeks blushed.

before the pair knew it dan's boarding call had been announced.  Dan said his goodbyes to phil before entering the train as his phone went off looking down to see it was from Phil

Phil -miss you already. 

----- ----

"You know what, Im glad i sent that email that day back in 2009, I made the best friend I ever have had." Dan said looking up from the screen and over to Phil smiling.

"Me too Dan, I am sure fate woud've brought us together and the stars would've aligned I'm sure we would've become friends not matter what," Phil said smiling

"I love you Phil," Dan said smiling 

"Love you too" Phil said replying smiling at the young boy who had once asked him for editing tips. who would've thought that a great friendship could've happened because of the internet.