Comfort. (Josh Dun x Male!Reader)

"JUST SHUT UP!" You yelled at your parent. "I'M DOING AS MUCH AS I CAN, I'M SORRY IT'S NEVER FUCKING ENOUGH!" Managing to collect yourself enough to leave the house, you ran down the street, barely able to hold back the tears you've kept in for so long. It was wimpy to cry - or so every other guy in the school said. You struggled massively with school, barely able to pull your grades above a C. Not because you were a bad student - just because the support at home was beyond nonexistent. 

   You stumbled to a halt as you reached the park down your street. Your vision blurred, and you were barely able to sit yourself down at the picnic table before the tears came. Pure, undammed tears. You had no idea what to do with yourself, but nothing mattered in that moment. In the setting sun, you were there, in an empty park, under a tree, sitting at a picnic table. Crying. You barely noticed when a figure approached you, obviously concerned about the young man with his head on the table.

   "Y/n?" You recognized that voice. Oh, fuck. This was exactly what you wanted  - to be caught crying by one of your best friends. "Y/n, what happened?" Barely able to pick your head up, you saw a blurry outline of Josh. 

   "Fuck, s-sorry..." you stammered out, trying to wipe your tears away shamefully.

   "Dude, it's okay," Josh said quietly, moving to sit next to you, putting an arm around your shoulders. This spurred you on to cry even more. You hated it, you hated crying in front of people. But, this...having someone to comfort you...this never happened. You never expected it. 

   "I-I'm...so s-sorry Josh...I didn't m-mean to..."

   "Hey hey hey, relax...I'm here for you," he gently rubbed your shoulder, watching you quietly. "There's no need for you to apologize, okay?" You managed to nod a bit, using the sleeve of your jacket to wipe your face. After you began to calm down a bit, you spoke in a trembling voice,

   "I just...everything at home is so overwhelming..." You sniffled a little, studying the table. "My parents, they...th-they don't care, no matter how hard I try."

   "Hey, y/n, look at me," Josh moved his arm away, turning to face you directly. After you brought your eyes to his, he spoke again. "I know it's rough right now, but keep in mind this isn't forever. You're gonna get through this, alright? You're trying your best, and that's what matters." He smiled a bit, and you managed to as well. 

   "Yeah...h-hey, thank you..."

   "It's no problem, no one should suffer alone through this stuff. You've always got my shoulder if you need it." Josh opened his arms a bit, and you moved to hug him. After a moment you two pulled apart, and after a small awkward silence, he spoke again. "Wanna come over my place? You can spend the night if you want, I've got some ice cream in the freezer." You smiled for the second time that night.

   "Sure." 

   "Sounds good. Let's go, then."

   "Uh...you promise not to tell anyone about this?" You looked up at him as you walked.

   "Promise." Josh smiled.