Panic (Tyler Joseph x Male!Reader)

"Tyler: Are you all right?"

   "You: No, but I never have been." 

   Your phone dropped to the floor, having slipped through your grip. You were shaking, curled up on the floor in the corner of the handicapped stall. This bathroom had become your safe haven, a place to get away when things went to shit. Today, though? Today was the worst so far. Not only had you woken up to an argument with your parents; your friends had started a civil war between them, and you'd failed the math test you thought you did okay for once on. Your cell buzzed on the tile, while you struggled to keep your sobs silent. The world was spinning, you couldn't breathe, you couldn't see...

   "You're going to flunk out of school at this rate!"

   "You fucking backstabbed me!"

   "Y/N, you agree, right? Tell him!" 

   Voices echoed in your head, reminding you of everything that's been happening. You couldn't take it, you had to stop it somehow, nothing was working. Friendships were falling apart, you were falling apart...

   "Y/N?" You barely comprehended that the door to the bathroom had opened, and a pair of feet stood outside your stall door. You managed out a small noise, unable to get anything more out. 

   "Y/N...can you get the door?" A pause of silence, and you managed to pull yourself over to the lock, unlatching it. You crumpled back to the floor, trying to wipe your face. "Oh...y/n," You heard the voice speak. Tyler. Tyler was always here for you. He took a seat on the floor next to you, gathering you into his arms and holding you tightly. You gripped his shirt, trying to steady your breathing as much as you could. "Just keep breathing...slow breaths, okay? Slow..."

   "T-Ty..."

   "Sh...it's okay...you're okay. I'm here, you're safe." It took you some time to finally calm down, but the guilt replaced the panic.

   "Tyler, I-I'm sorry, you d-didn't have to...come here...I-"

   "Y/N, you've helped me through stuff like this. The least I can do is to return the favor," he smiled gently, carefully wiping your wet cheeks with his thumb. "Don't waste your tears." You bowed your head a little, taking a deep breath to try and reset yourself.

   "Sorry you had to see me...like this..." You sniffled a bit, rubbing your eyes.

   "Hey, look at me." Managing to lift your head a bit, you met Tyler's gaze. "If I can't help you at your worst, I don't deserve you at your best," he leaned forward to press a soft kiss to your forehead, earning a little smile from you. 

   "Can...can we just sit here for a little bit longer?"

   "Of course. Take all the time you need, and I'll be right here with you."