Pizza and Confessions (Josh Dun x Male!Reader)

"Ah, tell me again? It's like music to my ears."

   "Dominos pizza has got a buy one get one free deal on," you repeated, laughing a bit with your phone in hand. You and Josh were hanging out for the day, and were looking for a place to get lunch.

   "Well, I think that settles that," Josh stood, cracking his knuckles and putting his wallet into his back pocket. "Dominos, here we come."

   "Don't we get pizza every time we hang out?" You smiles a bit, nudging him teasingly as you both walked out the door.

   "What, is there something wrong with that?" The taller boy whined, hopping on his bike and starting down the road, you close behind. "Pizza is good for any occasion."

   "Okay, I'll give you that, but maybe something we can get Chinese food or something." 

   "Pizza's more convenient." 

   "Fair point."

   The two of you rode down the street, and you smiled softly, watching the scene whiz past you. Whenever you spent time with Josh, it felt like there was nothing wrong in the world. He was such a great friend, not to mention talented. He was the one who introduced you to and taught you how to drum, which spurred your interest in music. Growing up, the two of you always shared similar interests, especially Pokemon, which brought you together even closer through the years. At some point, you couldn't exactly remember when, you began to develop some sort of closer feeling to him. His brightly colored hair, his bright smile, everything about him made you happy. You tried to push down those feelings, though, as you feared it would harm your friendship...

   "Y/N!" You were startled out of thought, nearly losing control of your bike. You realized you were about to go past the pizza place, and quickly manuvered yourself to turn into the parking lot.

   "Thought I lost you to daydreams for a second there," Josh laughed, leaning his bike against the brick building.

   "Nearly did," You responded jokingly, following suit, entering the building. The smell of freshly baked pizza surrounded you, and you were in heaven. After ordering your pizza, you and Josh sat down and began to talk about your week.

   "Dude, did you hear about all the stuff going on in the center of town?"

   "Yeah, aren't there like...airsoft wars going on down there with the highschoolers?" You asked, trying to recall what you've heard in the past seven days.

   "You'd swear they're trying to form gangs and are pitted against each other."

   "Hey, we aren't that old yet, remember all those times shit like that happened during school?"

   "You're right," Josh laughed. You both were interrupted by two large pizzas coming your way, your mouths now watering. As they were set in front of you, Josh rubbed his hands together. "Come to papa," he said, diving into the aromatic pizza. You both remained in silence, chowing down on the hot slices, minus a few words of praise to the waiter.

   You leaned back a bit after a while, wiping your face. "God, that was good."

   "You could say that again," Josh stifled a little burp, letting out a sigh. There was a small silence after he spoke again. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something. It's not really something we usually talk about, but..." Your heart leapt.

   "Yeah?" You asked, wondering what it might be, almost hoping for what you had embarrassingly dreamt about for the past year or so.

   "So uh...well. Remember when you came out to me?" You nodded softly, trying to hold your excitement in. "I guess this is...uh, my turn." You smiled broadly.

   "Hey, I support you either way, you know this. We're best friends," You reached over the table and pat his shoulder. "I'm proud of you, man."

[Time skip]

   You had gone home after an enjoyable day today, laughing and just having a lot of fun with Josh. You had won a plethora of Mario Kart games, and even had a few drum battles. You had finished your shower and were now laying in bed, reminiscing about the day. 

   Bzzt bzzt. Your phone buzzed on your nightstand and you picked it up, noting the time, which was around 10:30pm.

   "Josh: Hey, Y/N. Are you awake?"

   "You: Yeah, what's up?"

   "Josh: Look out your window." Confused, you got out of bed, shivering a bit as your feet touched the cold wood. Opening your curtains, you looked down into your front yard. You saw Josh, and you gave him a "what the hell are you doing??" look. He gestured for you to come outside. Sighing, you complied, silently making your way down the stairs and heading out the front door.

   "Y/N, I wanted to tell you something..." he said, appearing nervous as you approached. You rubbed your eyes, tilting your head a bit as you looked up at him.

   "Is something wrong?" You questioned. It wasn't rare to get a text from him, but he's only come to your house twice this late at night, and both were nights where he was having a lot more trouble dealing with his anxiety that texting wouldn't solve.

   "I...I'm sorry, I'm just..."

   "Josh, just spit it ou-" You were cut off as he leaned in and pressed a hesitant kiss to your lips. You were shocked, but just as quickly as it had happened, it ended. He was pulling away, obviously scared about your response, but you pulled him back, kissing him again, this time more comfortably.

   After pulling away again, your arms around his neck, he finally whispered, "Y/N...I love you.." He couldn't help but to break out into a smile, and neither could you

   "I love you too, Josh."