Chapter 9: Get Over It

Oliver

Shit. I don't think I'm ready. How am I supposed to reveal myself? Like hey I'm the stranger you've been talking for the past couple of weeks and you've known me this whole time? Or hey I like you and I've been anonymously talking to you since I'm too much of a pansy to talk to you in person.

Here I am, standing in front of my bathroom mirror trying to prep talk myself into revealing myself to her tonight.

Nope. I can't. I just can't.

Maybe I should try to talk to her as myself tonight before I attempt to reveal myself? I have no idea.

Ugh, this is so difficult.

Pushing myself away from the bathroom counter, I walked back into my room and changed into some black jeans and threw on my red & white striped crewneck. The clock on my phone read 4:30. I have to get going since I'm going to help set up the merch table.

Arriving upon the small venue, aka the popular bar in town, I headed inside and went towards the merch table. Scarlett wasn't here yet, thank god. Hopefully some more guys could arrive and fingers crossed some are wearing stripes so there's not a giant red arrow pointing towards me.

Niles unpacked some of the t-shirts as I put some up on display, "So Oliver, Scar should be here soon."

"Stop talking."

"I'm just saying. Are you going to talk to her as yourself tonight or even reveal yourself?"

"I don't know what I'm going to do." I looked at him.

Niles smiled, "Whatever you do, I'm sure It'll be fine."

"I hope you're right."

We finished up not long before Scarlett walked through the doors with Vicky. Time for sound check, I headed to the stage quickly. I could hear Niles chuckle while I walked away.

It wasn't long before the crowd started to pour in, its show time.

The lights dimmed as the crowd started to cheer, I loved being up on stage, "How's everybody doing tonight!" The crowd roars of excitement, "We are Broadside and we are thrilled to be performing for you guys, let's get this show started!" And with that the beat began.

The feeling of performing gave me such a thrill. The adrenaline rushing through my veins as the lyrics poured out of me. The crowd singing along, knowing every word. During the performance I snuck some looks back towards the merch table and there she was, Scarlett was looking as gorgeous as ever.

A/N: The chapter title, "Get Over It," is a song from Late Nite Reading.

"I'm wasting away by thinking through all my wasted time. Cause I want you to know I've been stuck on this forever."