Chapter I: A Dump and a Detention

"Oh, shit!" Cancer exclaims, jumping behind the tallest thing to block him from view, which happened to be his friend Capricorn. They, as well as Scorpio and Taurus, were on their way back to the high school after just having gone out to eat. Taurus looked ahead to see what had Cancer frightened, but his gaze was only met by a petite figure about a hundred feet away. Most people weren't very afraid of Virgo, as she was a relatively polite person; however, Cancer's circumstance was different. Virgo was Cancer's ex-girlfriend, and they had just broken up a few weeks before. They were on very good terms though, and had settled on being "just friends". Cancer, however, was silently grieving.

Scorpio rolled her eyes at her blond friend. "I thought you guys were good?"

Cancer slowly peeked his head over Capricorn's shoulder to make eye contact with Scorpio. "We are, but I just really don't feel like talking. Crap! She's coming this way!"

Scorpio turned around to see Virgo approaching the group. She seemed to be on her way to lunch (where she would most likely be meeting Pisces and Libra) when she had noticed a few of her friends on their way back to class. As she got closer, she broke into a grin and waved at them. Cancer revealed himself from behind Capricorn, accepting the inevitable. Virgo gave a slightly confused look, but continued on.

"Hey guys how's it going?"

Meanwhile, in science class, Aquarius wasn't paying attention, as usual, and instead was watching the scene that was unfolding outside. She cringed at the amount of awkwardness radiating off of her friends. She had wondered why Cancer and Virgo had broken up, but would probably never know.

Maybe it could be..., she thought. No. That would never happen.

Her eyes returned back to her notes, where she had barely written anything. Instead of facts and figures, her sheet was laced with doodles of clouds, superheroes, and karate ninjas. She jumped in her chair slightly when an arm reached over and began doodling an opponent to her samurai master. She glanced up and saw Aries, one of her lab partners, with a concentrated look on his face as he drew. She looked back at the paper and saw a poorly drawn stick figure.

Ha. Amateur.

She quickly erased a part of her ninja and then redrew it kicking Aries' warrior in the face. He then erased his drawing and redrew it blocking her attack. This went on for a bit until Aquarius felt something hit the back of her head. She turned around, irritated. Her face met with that of her best friend, Gemini, who had an evil smirk on his face and a crumpled piece of paper in his fist. He must have felt left out, so he decided to get Aquarius' attention the way he knows best: by annoying the crap out of her. She made a face at him and turned around to see Aries folding up their doodled paper into an airplane. She had to hold in her laugh as he launched it and it hit Gemini in between the eyes. Gemini quickly recovered and picked up the plane, ready to fire back, when it suddenly disappeared from his hand. He looked up, only to find their Biology teacher, Mr. Starr, holding the paper airplane between two fingers, as if it held a disease.

"Detention," he said monotonously, as he made his way back to the front of the class and threw the plane in the trash. Gemini gave him an incredulous look. At a loss for words, he pointed at Aries and Aquarius, who slouched into their seats, as if it would save them from the menacing glare of their strict teacher. Mr. Starr put two fingers to his eyes, then pointed them at the air and fire sign , as if to say, 'I'm watching you'. He then turned back around and continued writing notes in an ugly yellow color on the chalkboard.

Virgo walked into the small, family-owned pizza shop in town. She scanned the crowd of red leathered booths and wooden tables until she spotted her friends Libra and Pisces. They smiled at Virgo when they spotted her, and she took a seat beside Pisces, facing Libra. She noticed that they had already ordered her drink and meal for her, as she was late.

"What took you so long?" asked Libra.

Virgo groaned and took a sip of her Coca-Cola before answering. "I ran into Cancer and the others and had to make small talk. It was so awkward."

"Are you okay?" Pisces said, concerned, and patted Virgo's back.

She smiled. "I'm fine, it's just difficult."

Libra looked about ready to jump out of her seat. "Why did you break up with him anyways? You never told us."

Virgo sighed. "I didn't tell anyone. I don't want to start any rumors. We're are on good terms, and quite frankly, I like it that way."

Libra looked annoyed. "Oh come on, you know I live for this stuff. Is it because of-"

She was cut off by Pisces pushing a finger to Libra's lips as she shushed her. "If she doesn't want to talk about it, don't make her." Libra gave in, but didn't seem too happy about. She felt that maybe if she knew what was bothering her friend, she might just be able to fix it. Libra made it her job to be the group's therapist, whether they liked it or not. Often times, they didn't.

Sagittarius waited from the tree, ready to pounce. She wasn't all the way up, but she was on a branch that was high enough that no one would be able to see her. She spotted her prey, and prepared herself. Just as the figure was below her, she swung from her branch, shrieking a menacing war cry, and landed on both feet, right in front of an unamused Leo. "Nice try."

"Damnit! I'll scare you one of these days, Lion."

Leo laughed. "I sincerely doubt that. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get Pisces. We have a rehearsal for the musical and I don't want her to forget like she usually does."

Sagittarius smirked and replied by saying, "Okay, Dad."

"Gross," he shuddered. "Don't call me that." Then he walked off, leaving a chuckling Sagittarius behind him.

A/n : I'm going to change a few minor details to the character sheet that were seen in this chapter, such as the fact that Cancer avoids Virgo, and Virgo is best friends with Libra now, etc. etc. Well I hoped you liked the first chapter, and sorry that it took so long.

P. S. If anyone wants to make me a cover, that would be fantastic. I'm not the most tech-savvy person.

Question:
Why do you think Cancer and Virgo broke up?

'Til next time,

Champion_01