Chapter V: A Crush and a Confession

Libra stood patiently outside in the dark, waiting for her friend to answer the door. Beside her, Pisces was shaking her legs back and forth, either due to the slight breeze in the air or the insane amounts of energy that she possessed. Libra was surprised that she was able to get the smaller girl to Sagittarius' house a little earlier than when the party was planned to start.

An hour prior, Libra let herself in through Pisces' front door, as she was there so often that there was little need to knock. She walked up the stairs to the second floor, already fearing the worst. Libra approached the door that led to Pisces' bedroom, which was covered in posters of bands and popular television shows. A small cardboard hanger hung on the doorknob saying Do Not Disturb. Libra sighed, knowing what this meant, and slammed it open. "Wake up!" she yelled, jumping on top of the snoozing fish sign. Pisces just groaned and pulled the covers farther over her head. She was prone to falling asleep at the end of the school day, and Libra knew this.

"C'mon we have a party to go to, remember?" Libra inquired, still jumping on the bed. "Sagi wants us to go early so that she can tell us something important."

"What kind of something?" Pisces muttered, annoyed.

"She didn't say, but she mentioned that it was top-secret and had to do with all of our friends."

At that, Pisces bolted upright in her bed, looking at her brunette friend with sleepy eyes. "Well, what are we waiting for, then?"

Libra was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of a door being opened. On the other side was a smiling Sagittarius, who ushered them in.

Sagi brought them over to her living room and sat down on the carpet. In front of her were some bowls of chips and snacks, already set out for the night ahead. Pisces and Libra followed her lead and sat down, facing her. Sagittarius looked both left and right, as if someone would be watching from within the empty house, and turned back to the two of them.

"Okay, so what I'm about to tell you is top-secret, confidential, and most importantly, must never be heard by the ears of our friends."

Libra and Pisces just nodded their heads in understanding, as Pisces pulled the bowl of popcorn closer.

"The reason why I've brought you two here today, before the arrival of the others, is because I have a life-long mission given to me by Cupid himself. I entrust you two, as fellow warriors of love to help me execute this plan."

"Just get on with it!" Pisces said with a mouthful of popcorn."

Sagittarius glared at her before continuing. "Capricorn and Scorpio. Virgo and Leo. Cancer and Aquarius. We get at least two of those suckers together tonight."

"Woah, woah. Wait, hold up," Libra started. "Cancer and Aquarius?"

"Haven't you ever seen those two sneaking off into the woods? I bet they're already together and they just haven't told us yet."

Pisces gasped, causing her to choke on a piece of popcorn.

"Plus I probably shouldn't be telling you guys this, but I found out why Virgo and Cancer broke up."

Libra and Pisces leaned in closer, intrigued.

"Virgo broke up with Cancer because she believed that he had feelings for Aquarius, as they've been spending a lot of time together, and she figured that she'd just let him go. I mean, haven't you seen the way that Aquarius looks at him?"