Leo

Tartarus was a dude, now. That I could totally get but really? The swirling vortex that eats souls? Maybe a little overkill bud. We slaughtered monster after monster but I knew there were too many. We couldnt stop them. So I did what I had to. I used the fire. I pushed all my friends into the elevator and then I stood at the door with Bob. I liked this Titan and thats rare. I told him to get inside. He asked about me and I said not to worry. I'll follow soon. It felt wrong to lie to that innocent little baby face. He had such a dark past. He deserved happiness. As soon as he got on I hit the button and melted it so it stayed down. I stood there as the doors shut and heard Damasen yell.

They begged me to stop the door or jump in but I smiled a little and whispered my last sentence they'll ever hear from me.

"Dont worry. Im a professional."

I turned away so they wouldnt see the tears that were beginning to stream down my face and I picked up two fallen monsters swords. I charged the battlefield as the elevator dinged and I fought. Tartarus stabbed Big D and began wading his way towards me.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Is this a joke? This scrawny little demigod failure is to defeat me? I shall consume your soul along with Damasen.

He swung at me but I dodged and did something that I am sure surprised him. I charged him and leapt higher than humanly possible. Then I screamed as I thought about my friends and how this guy would never hurt them. Not if I could help it. I let my emotions go and fury tore through me and exploded over everything. I could feel my body disintegrating but if it stopped this monster then I would gladly die. And as I vaporized myself and Tartarus, I thought about how I had never found my true love. Then my friends came to mind and I thought about the smores fights and arguments and jokes we had shared. And I finally realised I had found the only love that I ever needed. A final tear rolled down my cheek as I closed my eyes and smiled.

I love you guys.