Chapter 4: Adjusting

Yugi sighed.

I guess I'll be a slave inside then out. That's probably why they brought me here.. But I feel terrible.. I want to puke.

Yugi turned to the window, looking at the horizon.

"You're up. Splendid" a sudden voice said. Yugi glanced up to see the same old man again. Shimon walked in then turned his head back at the door.

"Come on in. I don't think the boy will have any strength at yelling at you two"

The two royal kids walked in hesitantly with their heads down.

Yugi had nothing to say.
Even if he did, he would keep quiet. He was confused, so many emotions were swirling around in this boy that honestly you could say he felt nothing. Yugi kept his cool, trying to relax.

"We're sorry" Atem spoke.

"If we could get your parents back, we surely would" Shimon added.

Yugi looked away, then said, "So... Is the reason you came for me was to have another slave? Or did you actually care for a weak, troublesome boy like me?"

The young prince felt triggered by this.

"No! That's not the reason why I sent my guards to find you! I asked them because.. You're my friend... And what my father did was not right! You're not here to be my slave, at least I hope not,  but you're here because I care for you and I don't want you to die in the desert!"

"Thank you I guess" the young boy mumbled.

"How do you feel?" Shimon asked.

"Like I want want to die I suppose"

The old man nodded his head.
"I'll try to keep Akhenaden away from you"

That name

That cursed name...

Yugi bolted up, his fists clenched together.

"Where is he!?"

Then it hit Yugi. He sat back down as the dizziness got to him.

"Calm down" Shimon ordered.

Yugi looked at the horizon once more.

"So what will my purpose be here?" Yugi asked.

"For now, to rest. Stay in bed until you fully recover" Shimon said.
"A healer will come by within the week to give you medicine"

"I see-"

Vomit splatted onto the floor, leaving the kids shocked. Yugi tried to apologize but before he could, he continued to empty his stomach until there was nothing left to release.

Shimon walked over the puddle of the boy's vomit then helped the 5 year old lie down.

"Atem, Mana, please one of you get something to clean this mess and also could one of you get the healer" Shimon ordered in a serious yet light tone.

They both nodded as they ran out of the room. Mana went to go get some cleaning supplies while Atem went to the healer. 

The young prince ran through the palace, nearly tripping over his feet at some points, but eventually he got to the healer's quarters. Atem barged in, sweat pouring down his face. 

"You need to come quick! Yugi.... He's throwing up!" the prince took a couple of deep breaths as he began to calm down. The woman stopped her work then pushed the prince aside as she carried a tan, leather, satchel at her side. 

Atem followed behind. As they returned to Yugi's room, the mess the young boy had made was gone and Mana was sitting in a chair, kicking her feet. Yugi was luckily asleep though. The healer went to the side of his bed then pulled out a dark, purple, slimy like liquid that was in a medium vile then opened up the cork. She opened the boy's mouth, poured the liquid in, then closed it, forcing him to swallow. 

"It will ease the vomiting" she said.

Shimon thanked the healer. 

"If anything happens, come get me right away" she said as she left.

"Is it alright if I stay here with him?" Atem asked the old man quietly.

Shimon nodded. "Just go to sleep at a normal time" 

"I will" Atem said. 

Mana and Shimon left, leaving Atem and Yugi alone. Atem examined Yugi more, and the more he did, the more he knew him. His father always made Atem examine people, so when he's older, for what his father says, "The stronger they are, the longer they live for work" 

"I can't think of Yugi like that.."

Atem got up, lied down on Yugi's bed until he finally fell asleep. 

.............

2 weeks have gone by and Yugi was feeling a bit better, at least enough to walk around. 
He sat outside in the garden, staring at all the colorful flowers.

"These came from all around the world! They're so pretty.." Yugi awed.

Yugi had no shirt on, the only thing that covered his torso was the fresh bandages that hid his scars.

Yugi smiled.

Even if I become a slave here, I think I'll enjoy being one!