~03~

"Join me. Join my father. Join us. As mind reading spies."

"Excuse me. No, excuse you, but why exactly would I do that?" Dan asks curiously.

"Firstly,"Phil begins,"that wasn't a question. Secondly, this."

Phil snaps his fingers. His father soon begins walking to Dan, hits him in the head with his bare hand, and the room becomes the familiar colour that is black.

[*Phil*]

Phil stares at the now, and once again, unconscious Dan. His chest rises and falls slowly as Phil hears his father walk out of the room.

"Phillip." He says, standing by the door.

"Yes?" Phil asks, turning to face his dad.

"Make sure our 'guest' doesn't run away." Phillip's dad says, beginning to walk.

"Although that would be a dream come true." Phil murmurs as his father leaves the room.

Phil tilts his head at Dan, who is still laying on the floor. Phil kneels down next to Dan and examines his features- dimples, brown hair, very tall. Dan moves his head slightly, Phil jumping to his feet.

"How could this twat be like me?" Phillip asks.

Phil grabs some ropes and duct tape from the desk across the room. He returns and places the tape over Dan's mouth, tying the ropes around his wrists and ankles. Phil sighs as he walks out of the room and meets his father on the sofa.

"Father..." Phil begins to speak, his father giving a small nod as a reply.

"Why can't I see his box?" Phil asks, preparing himself for the answer.

Phil looked up at his father hopelessly, knowing that he wouldn't answer. Mr. Lester stood and shook his head, soon walking out of the room. Phil sighs and soon begins walking back to the room that Dan was currently laying in, unconscious.

He still lay there, not moving. Phil stood and leaned on the door as he watched Dan slowly breathed. Phil, personally, thought Dan was a twat. How could this boy possibly be like him? Phil was completely and utterly confused as to why Dan had to be the only other person in the world with this ability.

As Phil pondered over why he had to be in this situation, his eyes were feeling heavy and he had begun to drift into a mindless sleep.

[*Dan*]

The room was black. Dan was quite used to black by now, as a result of the many times he had been knocked out over who knows how long.

As Dan slowly came to his senses, he opened his eyes to find himself tied in ropes and on the floor. He quickly licked his lips, the tape falling off of his mouth. This ability, he had learned from all the things he had read in people's minds.

He stared at his tied wrists, bringing the up to his mouth and beginning to bite. After a few minutes, the ropes slide off of Dan's hands and he starts at untying his feet.

Once he had finished, Dan stood and searched his surroundings. Standing at the end of the four-poster, he looked around. He found that he was in the same room, yet there was no sign of Phil. That was, until, he heard a snore. He jumped, turned and saw the sight of a sleeping Phil Lester.

Inching towards him, Dan stares Phil. He looked peaceful and quiet, something Dan had never seen before. Phil was always loud, spoke his mind, obnoxious and annoying. In Dan's eyes, at least. While admiring Phil, Dan had not noticed someone else enter the room, until he spoke.

"He's not that bad, y'know."

Dan spun on his heel to face Mr. Lester.

"Once you get past the cocky, over-the-top attitude, he really isn't that bad."

Mr. Lester walks towards Dan, places his hands on his shoulder and sighs. Dan can clearly see that somewhere inside, Phil's father had been hurt.

Dan decided not to speak, letting a silence fall upon the room.

"He's still my son." Phil's father states.

Dan turns and faces Mr. Lester, depression in his eyes. Dan stares at him in sorrow, before turning back to Phil, waiting for Mr. Lester to speak again.

"Even if we fight, even if we grow to hate each other, it doesn't matter. No matter what, he's my son."

The room is completely silent apart from the breathing of the three people in the room.

"I'm sorry, Daniel. Your mother must be worried sick. We just coulldn't afford to let you go. Not with you knowing our secret."

"Actually," Dan speaks for the first time,"my mother is dead. She suicided, because of me. It's all my fault. Everything. It's all my fault. She never wanted a messed up son like me, so she took her life."

"Daniel. You can stay for as long as you need."

Dan looks up at Mr. Lester, who was looking at his still sleeping son. Dan smiles, looking, too, at Phil.

"Now, what do you say you join us? How about it. Daniel, will you join us as spies?"

Dan grows silent, feeling the stare of Phil's father burning through his neck. He glances at Phillip once more, bfore turning to Mr. Lester.

"Why not? What the heck do I have to lose?" Dan smiles.

Mr Lester smiles too, before they both look back to Phil. His eyes falter open and a smirk grows on his face as he looks at Dan.

He chuckles before speaking,"Well, well, Howell. I guess we're partners in crime."

In crime.

[*Author's Note*]

HELLLLLOOOOO PHANNNNDDDDOOOMMM! Sorry for not updating in a while. You can't blame me, I'm writing tons of books that people read for some weird reason. This is kind of hard to write since it's quite intense (in my opinion at least). One of the chapters that I update quite a lot is Roomies (Dan x Reader), so go check that out if you like. I know that Phil doesn't seem like Phil, but when I write this, I imagine him as Luke from Percy Jackson, so keep that in mind. Vote, comment, share, read and I'll see you's
in another chapter. Bye phluffy bunnies!

Word of the Day: Snazzy