15. The Forgiveness Of My Kitten

A/N "I run away from you because I'm scared of closeness."

DREW THOMSON

You really mess up, Drew. She was only trying to help..

I look at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is wet and ruffled in all sorts of places from running the towel over it.

Why do you chase away everything good that comes your way?

I walk out of the bathroom, and get dressed into my black t-shirt with black sweat pants.

I run a hand through my damp hair, and mess with it.

I sit down at the end of my bed, thinking over Nicole. Her purity. Her innocence. Her smile. Her frown. The small crinkle in between her brows.

I place my head in my hands.

I really need to get laid.

But why do I feel like that would be a bad idea? Why did my mind drift towards a sad looking Nicole?

I shake my head, a girl couldn't fix my mess anyways.

I decide against the idea of fucking a girl, and instead go to the kitchen to make myself a pot of coffee.

As I'm pouring my cup, I hear the shuffling of feet and hear the door click.

Who is that?

I quickly walk into the living room, and notice that a nervous Kyleen is looking towards a passed out Nicole on the couch.

"Mmph," I hear mumbling against the cushion.

I shake my head as I sigh out, "Go to bed, Kyleen. I got her."

She yawns, before nodding her head and heading towards her room.

I sigh again when I catch sight of Nicole again.

"Nicole," I whisper, slightly pushing her.

She let's out a loud groan.

I swiftly pick her up, carrying her towards the kitchen and placing her on the counter.

She gives me a hard look, "What do you want?" she hiccups.

I grab a glass from the counter, and pour water into it, "You're going to have a rough hangover."

"Like you care," she takes the glass from me and gulps it down.

"Of course I care, Nicole," I sigh, looking at her.

"You only care about your-yourself," she hiccups, again, as she places the empty glass down beside her.

"How so?" I raise an eyebrow.

I'm not angry at her words. She hasn't pushed a nerve. She hasn't said anything to offend me, nor nothing I've never heard before. I'm constantly told how inconsiderate and selfish I am.

She looks away from me, "If you cared about me, you wouldn't have hurt my feelings. You only care about your own. You're so scared of closeness, that you push others away. You hurt my feelings, to protect your own."

I can't deny what she said.

She's right.

I did push her away to protect myself.

I look at her, and she gives me a soft look.

"You don't trust me. And I can't blame you for that. We only met about seven months ago. But, Drew, I just want you to know that you aren't alone. I'm here, yet you shove me aside. And it hurts," she sighs, slowly climbing down the counter, "I'll be gone tomorrow morning like I said I would be."