Ugly

"Broken"

Written by VeGirl 2013 © All Rights Reserved

Despite the fact that Maya had managed to pull Linda through this panic, the girls kept their distance when they got home. With the sentence 'You know where to find me', they parted ways. Linda guessed that Maya had work that needed her full attention, and kept her distance except for the sporadic textmessage now and then.

Linda did her best to bury herself in her work, but that only worked during the days, she didn't have the kind of proffession that kept her mind at bay throughout the nights.

That was when the nightmares kept her awake and brooding.

Linda was surprised by her sister, ringing her doorbell one Friday night. "Oh good, you're home!"

"You could have called first..."

Melinda just smirked. "We're going out tomorrow."

"Forget it!"

"It is Sarah's birthday and we're going!" Melinda had her assertive tone of voice, the one that could even get their mother to crumble. "Jayden will be there, and we're going anyway."

An urge to crawl into a ball and wither away came over the younger sister. She wanted to beg her sister to let her out of this hook, but she knew she would never let this slide.

"The party is tomorrow and Sarah doesn't know I'm here. I intend to stay with you for some shopping and stop you from escaping."

"Thank's Mel, you're my hero," Linda said acid, but then changed her tone. "You know I can't se Jayden," she whined.

"You've seen him once; that was the hard part, this time it'll be easier, this time you'll be prepared."

Even if she didn't want to; that seemed logical somehow and Linda finally found herself nodding. "Okay, I'll do it," she sighed with her stomach in a knot.

Mel smiled wide. "Good girl."

"But only because Sarah has adressed this issue between my ex and myself so delicatelly." The sarcasm of that statement was loud and clear.

"Yeah, yeah. She's a prick!" Mel dismissed the fact that Sarah had good intentions, but didn't have the skills of a psychoanalysist. "But she's a monster in bed," she smirked.

"Eww... I so didn't want to hear that."

Melinda just chuckled.

It felt good to have Mel around though, Linda thought. The older sister always seemed to lift her spirit, and they had fun together.

Zoe called to ask if Linda wanted to go shopping the next day and Linda had to explain the course of action at hand that weekend.

"Will Maya be there?"

Linda froze. "I'm not sure, but possibly."

"Okay..."

"Okay? What do you mean 'okay'?"

"I just... I don't know." Zoe didn't know what to tell her friend about her relationship with Maya. They hadn't seen each other since that day in the club and Zoe didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to give the girl a booty-call, or what?

"I can call her and ask if you want me to?" Linda's voice was laced with humor, well aware of why Zoe asked for Maya all the time. "I'll let you know tomorrow."

Melinda walked into the room, her brows revealed suspicion. "What's going on?" Mel wanted to know.

Linda ended the conversation with her friend. "Oh, just some friendly romance..." She dodged the question, figuring out that Zoe didn't really want to sleep with Maya, she wanted to submit to her; that was a whole different game. "Just friends gaming up, no big deal."