Chapter 2 - Beautiful Sights

The world never seemed this quiet before, well maybe once or twice but nothing like it is now. It feels different, like a fleeting memory but the harder you tried to remember it, the most it slipped through your fingers. I'm happy I have my sister by my side, free from the oppressive, abusive, demonic household we call our family but it seems like a hollow victory of sorts.

I looked to the sky to only see a bright blue view with a sporadic sprinkle of white wispy clouds high above the town. 'So it wasn't the weather for this feeling deep down inside,' he thought to himself with a frown on his face.

Beside me was a cheery little girl with the brightest of smile plaster across her face as we walked down the street, no destination in mind, just enjoying the sights and sounds of the busy tourist destination.

"So what are we going to do now?" Alluka asked, not dropping her smile or her gaze at the town around them.

"Well, I don't know really. It's just been Gon and I doing what needed to be done to find his dad and now that he has..." Killua lost in his words, remembering parting his best friend. 'I wonder what he's going to do now that he's found his dad.'

The snapping of fingers and the light, but load calling of my name brought me back from a daze.

"Brother?! Hello? Are you in there?" Alluka shouted into my ear, trying to get my attention.

I shook my head, shoving the thoughts of Gon and his day to the back of mind before looking at Alluka. "Oh yeah sorry. What were we talking about again?"

"What are we gonna do now?" She sounded a little irritated, probably since she had to repeat herself who knows how many times.

"Well we should probably find someplace to stay the night or two but first I need to find something to eat!!" I exclaimed with my arms in the air. I ignoring the looks of confusion pointed my way from passer-by's as I continued to walk down the street with my arms held up high with Alluka by my side grinning like a crazed woman.

The duo walked around the town, searching for a place that they both could agre90e on; which was actually quite difficult given the number of choices that they were available.

They both settled on a small dinner, near the entrance to the World Tree. It had a nice local charm that made them both feel warm and welcome. 'A nice change for them, especially for Alluka,' I thought with a smile on his face.

Once that were finished I paid for their meal and they both exited the establishment; both extremely content with their meal and ready for sleep.

"That was good. Real good. I don't think I could eat for a week!" Alluka gurgled out with a satisfied look on her face.

"Same here!" I agreed with a calm expression. "We need to find a hotel around here. I think I need to take a nap after that."

Alluka nodded in agreement and we were off.

It didn't take long, or far, to find what looked like a rather nice looking hotel. They were in a tourist destination so they shouldn't be surprised.

They both walked into the lobby, bags in tow, and approached the front desk. Behind the desk was a nice looking woman with scarlet hair tied into a bun. She was wearing, was seemed to be, a hotel uniform. It was navy blue with the hotel logo over the left breast. The uniform was split into a short length skirt and a matching blazer. 

When we approached, she had a sweet smile on her face. "Hello, and welcome to the Slumber Hotel."  She greeted us with glee.

"Hi, we would like one room with two beds. Is there anything available?" I inquired as we reached the desk.