???

Tenzin's POV:
---------------------
The ride there carried an uncomfortable silence along with it. Lin was moping the whole trip and I knew not to speak when she was like that. I glanced back briefly in case she did anything silly, like try to jump off Oogi again, but so far she was fine and peacefully sleeping at the corner. I turned to face front again looking at the Southern Water tribe that laid below us.
---------------------------------------------------
Lin's POV
----------------------
"Hello mother." "This way, Pema and the children are in the room. This way Lin." Katara looked at us with the inviting smile she always had as I followed her to the healing room.

"How likely do you think that this will heal me?" "I'm not sure about that though...but I know that you will get through this and I will always be there for you if you ever want to talk." I guess she could tell. I tried to speak but the situation was awkward so I just nodded.

Katara's POV:
---------------------
Lin looked so downcast and I could understand to a certain extent, she had lost her bending which was an important part of her. Her job and most her life had bending surrounding it but I knew it was mostly an essential part of connecting to her mother. One thing they shared in common was the earth, where their deepest connection laid. Unfortunately, hopes were not high that her bending could be restored, I felt that the chi paths were blocked too strongly but I didn't want to give up just yet. After all, she was my Linny. Yes, it seems as if I lied but I was determined to restore what she loved and treasured so much. At the end of the day, she didn't deserve such a right to be stolen. I tried to give her hope and I knew that she was at her breaking point so I just did what I could.
---------------------------------------------------
Lin's POV:
----------------
I laid down on my bed hoping to get some rest. I had changed out of my metal boots and white tank top and now I was in a set of blue winter sleepwear. The silence that surrounded the tribe brought upon a sense of sadness and loneliness unlike the bustling streets of Republic City which never stopped making noise. The unusually dark sky filled with stars tried bringing a sense of awe but there was more that I was worrying about. What happened to Republic city now? Was Korra safe and well hidden? I would admit, I never really liked her all that much but that second chance I gave showed me who she really was, that we actually had more in common than we knew, I guess I did care about her welfare. As the cold winds of an anticipated storm blew in, I tucked under the covers of the foreign bed and tried to sleep.

Pictures of those tyrants running around and dragging innocent benders away from their homes to abolish their bending, flooded my mind as I tossed and turned across the bed. As these pictures ran through my head, I realised, I was never in that picture. Why? My bending was gone, my police officers no longer had me as cheif and they were taken away too; my poor officers. My heart broke as I imagined the petrified faces of my colleagues having their bending taken away and not being able to help them made my heart breaking from the feeling of failure. I flopped on my pillow allowing me to cry without awakening the children, who slept peacefully in the other room. "Crying ain't gonna get you anywhere my badgermole! You'd better toughen up like how a Beifong should before I toughen you up myself!" My mother's voice echoed in my head. She was right, I spent days crying and it's time I stopped, but the pain that resonated in my heart kept pressing me down, it was getting hard to breathe. I stood up and walked out of my room heading towards the balcony for some fresh air.

Narration:
------------------
As Lin walked past the children's room, she paused for a little while before clicking the doorknob open. Allowing her to peep through the creak for a peek at the children. Meelo laid sprawled across the bed next to Ikki who was squeezed between Jinora and her brother. They looked so peaceful, without a worry of what laid ahead of them. Looking in, Lin bit her lip in an effort to hold back the tears she wanted to release. She silently closed the door before walking away.
--------------------------------------------------------
Lin's POV:
----------------
I picked up one of the winter jackets hanging on the clothing rack next to the door, leaving my hand-written note below the tissue box. As I opened the door to leave, strong gusts of cold air blew in as I took one last look at Katara's house before walking off. I  closed the door gently with only the sounds of the clicking locks. I pulled my jacket close to me to cover up the extra space that it left, not allowing the wind to blow inwards. I hugged myself tight as I continued walking to the nearest cliff in the cold stormy night.