The first signs

"Pearl are you sure you feel okay?" Garnet said looking at the sleepy like blushing Pearl. "of course I'm-I" her sentence was cut off by a large sneeze, she was just glad Amythest and Steven were with Lapis and Peridot at the barn. Garnet didn't know why but she was just so worried about Pearl, "Pearl. If you feel sick I would love to take care of you. I could help you sleep, hum to you, make sure your covered and warm, stuff like that.". Garnet was about to continue but she didn't need to because pearl was already about to pass out, Garnet was using her calmest and smoothest voice she could make. Pearl felt herself breaking under the weight of her own eyes "Maybe I'm a *yawn* little sick..." she said barley able to keep awake. Garnet could tell, so she picked up the already asleep pearl and carried her to her warm room. Pearl curled into Garnet because she always found her body comfortable. She loved being close to Garnet, it made her feel so safe. Garnet slowly put Pearl in bed, she kissed her gem and started to rub her head. "Garnet?" The drowsy Pearl had already forgot who was rubbing her head, Garnet smiled realizing this and replied "I'm right here. Shh..." she then hummed a tune especially loved by the small adorable gem beneath her. Pearl was put almost instantly back to sleep.