CHAPTER 22

Please read the a/n at the end.

It's been three weeks since I was forced to work with Niall. Well, not exactly forced, but I had no other choice. I even talked to Luke about it, but he only blew me off, telling me that he really needed another hand and that he couldn't just fire Niall all of a sudden.

I was starting to get more and more annoyed with Niall's comments and how he always tried to touch me. It was ridiculous how flirty he was, not only with me but also with customers, which made them not come to the coffee shop so often.

Only a handful of girls were flattered with his charm and kept coming every day, sometimes even more than once a day. Of course this only made him more obnoxious and boosted his ego, so he thought it was only right to keep flirting with everything that moved.

The worst part was that one day, while I was cleaning everything up to leave and close the shop, he waited for me and tried to make a move on me. I instantly blew him off, telling him that if he ever tried anything like that again I'd rip his balls off and make sure everyone knew. That kept him away for the next few days.

It's also been three weeks since I was last at home. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to Ana about what happened and every time I tried to leave, Harry would always do something to make me stay. As much as I was enjoying almost 'living' with him, I knew that it was time for me to go back home and face her.

It's been almost a month and, even though Harry and I were still in that 'honeymoon phase' and couldn't keep our hands off of each other, I knew I had to leave eventually.

As much as I loved wearing his clothes and smelling his scent throughout the entire day, I needed to go home, settle things with Ana and stay there for a few days before going back to Harry's, since I was almost sure that if I kept living with him, he'd soon get enough of me and break up with me.

Wednesday was the day when I decided I'd go back and try solving things with Ana, after all, I still considered her my friend, even after everything she did in the spam of a day and not even trying to contact me after that. I wasn't in the position of cutting people off of my life, since I didn't have anyone besides my mother, Luke and Ana, well, and now also Harry.

After waking up to an amazing breakfast in bed that Harry had cooked, I left for class, hoping the day would drag by just so I could think about what I was going to say to Ana.

As the day went by, my mind created endless scenarios of what could possibly happen, obviously, I thought of one where we would forgive each other and just go back to being friends, but thoughts of us ending up fighting, would always cloud over the good ones.

"Hey, Mel?" Luke snapped me out of my thoughts, while I sat by the register, since it was pretty calm and there wasn't a lot of costumers at the shop. "Yeah?" "Do you mind closing up today? I know I've been asking you to stay late a lot, but I really need it today, I-uhm-I have a date later and yeah, it would be great if you could do this for me again, I promise I'll pay you for extra hours." He rambled on, scratching the back of his neck and I giggled.

"That's okay, Luke, don't worry about it, go have fun." He gave me a cheeky smile, showing off his dimples and walked away to grind some coffee beans.

"So..." I hear the infamous voice that I grew to hate so much coming from behind me. "I heard you're staying late today, too." He whispered in my ear and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Listen..." I stepped away from him. "I thought I've had already told you that if you tried anything again, I'd-" I was interrupted by his sarcastic laugh. "Woah, woah, hold on there, babe." He raised his hands in defeat. "I was just pointing out that we would spend some lovely time together, since you're also staying until closing time." He smirked and scratched his beard scruff, like he was thinking about something.