Chapter 5

This world belongs to the amazing J K Rowling, only Charlotte, Marie and Victoire are mine

Pxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lottie?” A voice said from behind them

Charlotte turned around and smiled when she saw who it was, “Sev!” She exclaimed, running over to hug him.

“Lily” Severus said sadly

“Snape” Lily replied coldly

 “Lily, go down to the others and I’ll come down in a minute, I just want to talk to Sev” Charlotte said, noticing their greeting. Lily walked down to the others and as soon as she was out of earshot, Severus started talking,

“Lottie what happened to you?”

“No,” Charlotte replied, “First, what happened between you and Lily?”

“Well, it’s a long story” he replied sadly

“I have time” Charlotte said, wanting to know what happened.

“Well, James and Sirius we’re being twats and bullying me and Lily came in to stop them. Then stupidly I said that I didn’t need help from a Mudblood” Severus said, looking down as is he was ashamed.

“You really are an idiot Sev” Charlotte replied shaking her head, “I know you love her, why don’t you just apologise?”

“I’ve tried, but she will barely speak to me” Severus muttered, “And now she is going out with that Dick Potter and it is even worse.”

“Hey, I know he can be a dick and a twat, but he is still my brother!” Charlotte said indignantly

“Anyway, what about you, what happened to you?” Severus asked trying to change the subject

“Well, you know what happened with Black because that is how we became friends” Charlotte started, “so, I decided that I didn’t want to ever see him again-“

“You said that to me, but I didn’t think that you actually were going to act on it” Severus interrupted

“Well I did” Charlotte shrugged, “and I went to Beauxbatons, like I said in my letters, and I wasn’t ever going to come back, so I wouldn’t have had to see Black again. But there was the Triwizard tournament this year so we all came to Hogwarts.”

“You still love him don’t you?” Severus asked, “I’ve seen you watching him, I can see it in your eyes. I can still see the pain in them that I saw when we first became friends.”

“I don’t want to be. I just want to hate him and be done with it, but I can’t help it. And yet, even though I do love him, I still want him to hurt. I want him to hurt as much as I hurt when he cheated on me. I want him to feel the pain I feel even now” Charlotte answered truthfully. She had never told anyone how she felt before, but she knew she could trust Severus and he wouldn’t judge her.

“Wow! I think that’s the most like a Slytherin that I’ve ever heard you sound” Severus joked, lightening the tone of their conversation.

“I think you’re right” Charlotte laughed, “Listen, I will try to get Lily to understand and let you apologise” Charlotte decided, knowing exactly what Severus wanted to happen.

“And I will help you make Black feel how you felt, and I think I know just how” Severus replied, smirking. He knew that was what Charlotte wanted, but she didn’t want to ask.

“Okay,” Charlotte agreed, shaking Severus’ hand to make the deal, “I’ve got to go now, but I will stick to my part of the agreement”

“Bye Lottie, and so will I” Severus said, giving her a hug

“Oh, one other thing, Black, Pettigrew and Remus don’t recognise me so don’t call me Lottie. My closest friends at Beauxbatons call me Char and I’m going to pretend my surname is Dubois , so call me that and we can pretend I don’t know you from school” Charlotte added, hugging him again, “Bye!” she called back as she walked away.

*****

Sirius could see Lily and Charlotte walking out of the castle, he and the rest of the Marauders had gone to sit by the black lake with Marie and Victoire, while Lily had waited for Charlotte to talk to Professor McGonagall. Sirius wondered what McGonagall wanted to talk to Charlotte about, he didn’t think that she had already got into trouble; it was her first week of lessons.

Sirius saw Snivellous go up to Charlotte and Lily and say something to them. Charlotte said something back and went over to hug him. Sirius felt a wave of jealousy surge over him; he had never felt this feeling before, he didn’t know exactly what it was but it made him angry to see Charlotte hugging Snivellous.

He realised Charlotte made him feel different; he had only felt this way once before with Lottie. When Sirius remembered Lottie he felt sick, after he said all that stuff to her he realised that he had actually loved her. (A/N: Only know you love her when you let her go ;) I love that song!!)

Sirius saw Snivellous and Lily’s cold greeting; he was glad they weren’t friends anymore, Lily was only going to get hurt being friends with future Death Eaters. Since James and Lily had started going out, he had become better friends with her – he knew they were never going to be as close as him and James, but he had started to realise how nice she actually was.

Charlotte said something to Lily and she started coming towards us, He couldn’t believe that Lily had left Charlotte and Snivellous alone together. They were just talking, ‘at the moment’ Sirius thought, he felt the jealous monster inside of him growl when he thought like that.

Snivellous was looking down whilst he was talking, as if he was ashamed of something he did, Charlotte replied to him shaking her head and frowning.

Lily reached them then and sat down next to James.

“Urgh, Snape really gets on my nerves” She growled

“Calm down Love” James replied

“I didn’t even know she knew who he was, let alone that they were friends!” Lily exclaimed

“Neither, how did that happen” James asked curiously

“Wait, how long have you two known her?” Remus asked

James and looked at each other guiltily, they looked as if they were about to say something.

“She told us she was friends with someone from Hogwarts called Severus, but that she hadn’t spoken to him for a while” Victoire told them, changing the subject, she knew Charlotte would be annoyed if James told his friends about her.

The conversation trailed off at that and they all went into smaller conversations, Marie and Victoire were talking about something in French, James and Lily talking about something and Remus and Peter talking about something else, Sirius didn’t bother to join into any of their conversations. He sat with his back against a tree and went back to watching Charlotte and Snivellous.

Snivellous said something to Charlotte and she started laughing, he had never seen her laugh before and it reminded him strangely of Lottie, she used to laugh like that when he said funny things. He shook his head at that thought, he needed to stop comparing Lottie to Charlotte, they were two completely different people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I usually don't write notes at the end, but i'm stuck for ideas later on in the story so if you have an idea of how Sirius or Peter find out about Lottie please could you message me

Thanks, Pxx