Our Awkward Unplanned Date

I pulled my spandex on, and slipped my khaki shorts over it. Then, I ripped off the white hospital gown and put my grey t-shirt on. I took my blue hoodie, and stuck my arms in the sleeves as I pulled it over my head and put it on. I fixed my hair by coming through it with my fingers. Next, I took my shoes and stuffed my feet into them. I lifted my left leg on the toilet seat and laced my left shoe. I did the same with my right, and let my root foot make a thud as I let it drop down from the toilet seat and into the ground. I let out a shaky breath and rolled my shoulders back a bit. After making myself stand taller, I cracked open the door and stuck my head out. "Ready?" I asked.

He nodded; of course he was ready, he was waiting for me! I'm so flustered, this isn't cool. I pulled my head back into the bathroom and closed the door shut after me. I whispered to myself as I softly rested my forehead on the door, "Alright, he's willing to go on a date with you. Don't. Mess. This. Up." I smiled a little and opened the door fully this time, allowing myself to take a stride out if the bathroom and into my hospital room. "Alright, I'm ready. " I grinned as he nodded and we walked out together.

I was midway out the door until something occurred to me. I wasn't too sure they'd let me out or not. "What's wrong?" Gaara asked.

I had a thoughtful expression "You think they'd allow me to leave?"

"No."

"So that means we should sneak out the window?" I looked over at him as he nodded and let go of the door to walk towards the window. I caught the door as it was closing on me and followed him. He opened the door and a slight breeze flowed into the room. I leaned over the window frame to see how high the jump was going to be. I sighed, "of course they would put me on the eight floor." Just as I was about to look over at Gaara the room give a violent shake that caused me to fall out the door.

I let out a yelp and reached out for the window frame, but I missed. So hear I was free falling for the next couple of floor until I landed on sand. I looked up as Gaara started to jump forwards me. I shifted over till I was on the edge, so he would have more landing space. He landed next to me with a soft thud. He glanced over in my direction before looking straight again, "are you okay?"

I nodded and smiled softly, "yeah thanks." He nodded we fell into an awkward silence.

I looked over my shoulder at the hospital building. I was surprised when I saw a hole in the wall, but my surprised lessened as I noticed my guild members. I waved and both the nurse and Natsu looked enraged. "HEY! I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE WITH THE RED HEADED DOUCHE?!" Natsu stepped up to the hole and raised his fist in question.

The nurse stepped up too, "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL YET. YOU'RE STILL IN CRITICAL CONDITION!"

"I can move finneeee. I heal faster than you ninjas. It's quite alright!" I scoffed and shrugged their screaming off.

The nurse was persistent, "BUT YOU NEED YOUR CHECK UP." Since we were slowly moving down, she had to hug the wall while she look end down at us.

"Alright fine." I looked towards Gaara and smiling charmingly. "Gaara do I look fine to you?" He seemed taken aback by my question for just a little bit, but after a millisecond he was make to his normal unconcerned facial expression. "Just say yes or no." I reached out to tug on his clothes gently. He looked over at me and nodded slowly. I grin widely and clapped. I cup my hand around my mouth and yell out, "SEE. HE NODDED, I LOOK FINE. CHECK UP OVER!"

"I'M COMING DOWN THERE!" Natsu disappeared off the edge for a second before her jumped and headed towards us with his hands on fire.

I removed my hands from my face and invaded them in air. I swiped it up in Natsu's general direction and sent a gust of wind his way. I sent another one at an angle and smirked when he landed back in the hospital check up room.

We continued to slowly descend down. I nudged Gaara, "any chance you could maybe speed this sand up?"

"Sure." Suddenly we were
going ten times faster and I clung into his arm for support as I fell on my back. I lifted myself back up to face the hospital building while Gaara was still facing the other way.

I waved to Lucy as she held back both the nurse and Natsu. Right before I lost sight of them she shouted out, "QUYEN YOU OWE ME BIG TIME FOR THIS."

"Gotcha," I looked over at Gaara, "so where to?"

"Want something to eat?"

"YES! starving."

"Naruto showed me this place..."

After a few minutes, the sand cloud we were on, started to descend. Once we were a foot above the dirt trail, the sand dispersed underneath me and traveled into Gaara's gourd. I looked around for a place that seemed like it spelled food.

I smelled it before I was able to see it. I laughed, "of course Naruto would show you a place that sells ramen!"

"It's his favorite place, I think."

"That explains a lot, actually." I smiled as I remembered just how much Naruto smelled like ramen. I looked at Gaara and clenched my hands into fists excitedly. "Let's go!" I walked straight until I reached the booth and ducked under the flaps that hung from the edge of the roof. I automatically sat near the corner and looked at the guy. "Miso ramen and a cup of ice please!" He nodded and asked Gaara for his order.

We waited for our food and when it got to us we ate. It was wonderful, the soup tasted magnificent and the noodles went well with it. After finishing my ramen I downed the cup of crushed ice and sighed in content. I looked over at Gaara who was also done. "Where to next?"

He shrugged, "not my town."

I twisted my mouth in thought, "then the training grounds then? I know where those are."

"Wait wait! you can't go anywhere until you pay!" the old man behind the counter walked over and told us what we owed him. I patted my pockets and took out my wallet.

I took it out, "finally I remember to bring this thing along," I opened it and aromatically felt like I needed to slap myself. I closed it and looked back at the old man. "Do you, by any chance, take jewels?!" I raised my hands in question as I smiled awkwardly at him.

He shook his head and I deflated. Gaara threw some money on the table casually, "I'll pay for the both of us."

I looked over at him, "you sure?'

"How else are we leaving." As soon as he said those words I saw a ghost of a smile. I watched in surprise when he got up and left.

"Hey! wait up!" I got up and turned back to the old man, "Bye! Thanks for the food!" I turned around and ran out the booth after Gaara.