Chapter Four

It was creeping slowly in August, the sun beaming on the streets. It was so hot, I swear, you could of fried an egg. I woke up with the duvet thrown over the end of the bed, being too hot for it. Alex was curled up on the other side of the bed, his hand under the pillow, him murmuring in his sleep.

I slipped out of bed and went to open the window, a careful breeze coming in the window. But it wasn't cool at all. Alex shifted in the bed as I went into the en suite to shower, slipping on a pair of clean sweats and towel drying my hair. When I returned, Alex was sat up right and wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Hey," he murmured sleepily, catching me by the wrists. He pulled me down to sit with him, him placing him hand around my neck, his fingers stroking the back of it airily, the hairs standing up. He smiled at me, pulling me into him, him just centimetres from my lips. He gave me one kiss then closed him eyes.

"What time is it?" he asked as he looked over to the digital clock, my eyes following. It was about five past ten. Alex stood up and padded to the en suite, him still noticably sleepy. He shut the door carefully behind him, the sound of the jets of water erupting through the door.

I lay on the bed, running my fingers my still damp hair, thinking about the rays of sun shining on me, it kind of heating my skin.

Alex came out within a few minutes, him with heavy wet in his hair that made his hair look nearly black and a towel around his hips. He was showing off his V, me not sure if on purpose because it seemed his towel was a bit lower than usual, and he knew how much I liked them.

He went over to the wardrobe, my eyes following him. He grabbed out one of his random band shirts and grey sweats, throwing them on after he put on a pair of black boxer briefs. He had to drop his towel to do so of course, but looked over to me as he was about to drop it, me looking away.

"Perv," he said under his breath with a smirk on his lips, but loud enough so I could still hear.

"Do you want to go to the pier?" said Alex as he sat down beside me when he was dressed.

"Nah," I said nearly instantly, him frowning. But I cupped his chin and kissed it away, pulling back when he had a look that made it seem he wanted me to kiss him again, his brown eyes a mix of burning fire and a melted goo.

I pecked his lips once more, him biting down (soft enough to not hurt me but hard enough that I could only free myself by tugging away) on my bottom lip, him pulling me closer and kissing me again but more eagerly. I pulled away an inch or two but Alex was still gripped onto me so moved onto my neck, it sending several shivers down my spine and across my skin. He bit down softly once or twice, not leaving much of a mark.

He pulled back when satisfied, and left me on the bed a bit flabberghasted as he slowly got off the bed and went out the door and down the stairs.

---

Later that day, we decided to go to the shopping mall. Our mall had four floors which all had white tiled floors and sleek white shiny walls. There was several big brand shops on the first floor, on the second art shops, book stores, a newsagents, a cd shop, at least three dvd rentals, a music shop and a vintage record and tape shop.

On the third was food shops, fruit, veg, and over all weekly shop. There was also a DIY, a furniture store, and a

On the fourth was a food court. There was a vegan restraunt, a chip shop, a burger joint, a smoothie bar and a cafe.

We went a few clothes shops and bought a few outfits for when the weather will eventually go down the toilet, the food shopping, a new pair of strings for my guitar, and a can of cream paint for re-painting the bedroom.

After we went up to the food court. We both got a smoothie from the smoothie bar then walked around deciding what we wanted.

"Shit!" I cussed as my head went painfully cold as I drank my smoothie too quick, Alex looking at me trying not to laugh.

We ended up going to the chip shop and got a bag of fries to share and a battered fish.

We sat down and ate, our bags at our feet. When done, we picked our bags back up and looked around the whole first floor once more.

I ended up picking up a few odd bits, like a couple of plain but coloured t shirts and a new pair of jeans which I always needed.

We made our way into the car park and we packed our bags into the boot.

Me and Alex got ourselves seated into the front of the car and just as I was to turn the key, I heard a screeching voice.

"You fucking bastard!" screamed a female voice. I looked out my side window to see none other than Stella. We had encountered the night Holly broke up with me. I had a liking to her, I must admit. She was jealous of me and Alex, it was obvious. I tried to be friends with her but it resulted in a drunken kiss right infront of Alex.

She seemed to fall apart after that. The last time I seen her, she was either drunk or on something, nearly being raped by Casper, the man who had seduced Alex but then came back to rape him. He didn't succeed thankfully, but it left a mark.

Stella ran up to my car, grabbing for the door, swinging it open and grabbing for my shoulder.

She pulled me out of the car and threw me to floor.

"Stella!" I screamed, looking up at a twisted, enraged face.

"You ruined everything, you stupid bastard! You..." she kicked out at me, a tight pain in my chest as I tensed over the agony I was in.

She threw another kick, me chocking on my breath. There was a ringing in my ear as I heard Alex scream my name...

"JACK!" Alex screamed as my vision cleared again. But I was instantly confused as I noticed I was not in the parking lot as I had thought. Then I noticed Stella kneeling down beside Alex, a sweet smile on her lips, a mascara tear down her cheek.

"You p-passed out, J-Jack. You just collapsed," Alex sobbed.

Something was wrong... Something seemed missing...