Chapter 2: Meeting

||AN: Each chapter, Chiyuki will have interactions with different people. This chapter includes Clavis and Nona. The next one will mainly be about Nona and Decim(?).||

Clavis was taking out the trash. That was his job at Quindecim, to be the busboy. It was simple so he was good at it. The mostly green haired man wrapped up one of the plastic bags and threw it over his shoulder then made his way to the sign that said "Exit" in a bright red at the back of the dark bar.

The young man looked up at the dark sky which was full of grey clouds, a small smile laid on his face. It was a gloomy day, raindrops fell down onto the asphalt every few seconds. Perhaps it would rain more later in the day. After staring up at the sky for a few seconds, Clavis continued walking to the garbage bin and noticed a figure lying across the alleyway. She was a pretty, if not an elegant looking woman. Despite not having feeling for people of the opposite gender, he still thought that. Her skin was pale and the woman had long black hair with a strange piece of white in it that caught his attention. Once he put the trash away, he walked over to her, his hands were stuffed in his pockets.

"Hello?" Clavis said, tilting his head slightly with curiosity, wanting to know who this stranger was and why they were laying here. The clothes she wore didn't look like they were tattered or a hobos'.

There was no response from the sleeping lady. Once again, he said the same thing but a bit louder, "Hello?"

Slowly, her eyes opened and filled with surprise. "Uh, h-hi." She replied slowly in an almost confused way, "Who're you?" The woman asked almost immediately after greeting him, eyebrows furrowing at the somewhat strange man.

"I'm Clavis." He answered quickly, grinning slightly, eyes still looking like they were closed. "I work at the bar over here." He pointed to the door that had lead him out into the alley. "Who are you?"

The lady seemed to hesitate for a second, "My name is Chiyuki." It was hard for her to even remember her name now. "I-how can you see me?" She asked him, now standing up. No one had noticed her before, was he another spirit?

The green and yellow haired man tilted his head when he was asked that question. "What do you mean?"

"I'm a ghost!" Chiyuki blurted out, "Or at least, I think that's what I am. Up until now, not a single other person has noticed me." A sigh escaped from her lips that curved into a frown.

'It's only been a few days since I ran into a dead person, they're showing up more often... I wonder why.' Clavis thought before replying to her words, "Well, you see. The people at this bar are all able to see spirits. Not sure why, but they only hire people with that ability." The male shrugged. 

The ghost seemed interested and calmed down a bit, "Could you show me these people? Sorry, it's been so long since I had a conversation with-" She paused, trying to find the words she was looking for, "a living person."

Clavis chuckled slightly then nodded, "I can, follow me." He waved his hand, signalling for her to follow which she did.

They entered the bar. The noises of people chatting filled her ears. A woman aqua blue hair waved at her. 'That must be one of the workers', Chiyuki assumed, waving back.

"That's Nona." Clavis told Chiyuki, "I have to go do some other errands, you should talk to her." The ravenette nodded. Quickly, Clavis disappeared into the crowd of people.

Instead of going over to the woman, Nona went over to her. "You're a ghost, aren't you?"