nothing too serious

THIRD PERSON

     From Y/N: hey babe, you're probably in some interview or panel so i didn't call you, but i got in an accident and just wanted you to know that I'm fine, i'm in that hospital thats like 5 miles from our house? just in case you worried when you got home (: anyways, they said nothing too serious and i could even go home today! yay! see you soon, love you

   Dylan could only stare down at the text like his life depended on looking at it, to make sure it stayed the same, that he was reading it right. He hoped to god you weren't trying to downplay your injuries so he wouldn't worry because he knew that you though telling him things like this was a burden, but they weren't.  nothing was with you. Although, with regret and no time for a simple text back, his shaky hands put away his phone as he attempted to keep down the teary eyes for the interviewer.

  "Everything alright?" The woman with the recorder asked, raising her eyebrow. She probably meant for it to sound normal, like a genuine question. It sounded like she was annoyed he wasn't even making eye contact, trying to get all of this over with. Now, Dylan wanted to, too. he wanted to leave. Go to Y/N.

   "Yeah." He pursed his lips and swallowed the almost impossible lump in his throat, clasping his hands under the table so that they'd stop each other from shaking.

 "Okay," She smiled. "Well, I was just saying that with a new season definitely comes new secrets, right? I'm sure there's millions of forbidden words."

  "Uh-" Dylan froze, trying to focus. "Yeah, yeah. Definitely. It always like that so- it's kind of routine now."

"Well, thank you Dylan, for sitting here with me. I'm sure your guy's guide is dying to rush you to your panel right now." She tried to laugh. Dylan wasn't going to at first, but to end the conversation on the good note, he nodded and smiled, pretending to chuckle.

  The woman stood up and collected her items and bag, not nearly as quick as Dylan did. The chair wobbled in place when he leaped out of it, before settling on it's four feet. He rushed to meet with everyone else, basically sprinting to the panel. The quicker they all got there, the quicker he could get this over with and see Y/N.

  God, he hated thinking like that. He hated wanting to rush his time with the people who gave him his career and continued it because they liked him. Any other time he would've savored every sweet moment. But the priorities were obvious here, and he was hoping that if his fans even knew what was going on, that they would understand why he was paling by the second.

   Dylan stumbled into the back room, watching as familiar heads turned to him. Tyler, Holland, little Dylan, Shelley, Linden and Cody. Their heads turned and their lips turned up in a smile. 

  "O'Brien!" Tyler shouted with the largest grin, bounding over to his best friend. He jumped on him like a spider monkey and Dylan froze, trying to catch him, letting the smile crack on his face. There wasn't a moment Tyler couldn't lighten. 

   "Hey Posey." He smiled, setting him down. Dylan straightened out his shirt, brushing off his pants. "Hey, are we going out yet? Like, now?"

  "Woah, Mr. Eager." Holland laughed, crossing her arms. "Didn't you just come from an interview? I think a five minute break is justifiable. You can lie on the cou-"