Chapter 30

"To the happy couple." Claire said, raising her champagne glass.
"Thank you, momma." Leah smiled.
"I'm so happy for both of you." Said Ann.
"Thank you everybody. Thanks for coming. There's food and drinks in the kitchen. Please help yourself." Jackson announced.
"Okay so this week we have Lacey?" David asked.
"Yes, dad. You and mom are watching Lacey. Everything is in the guest bedroom as well as her travel bed." Jackson said.
"Is she going to cry?" David winced.
"Well, she's barely 3 months old so yes. She is going to cry." Jackson sighed.
"Well alright then. I hope you two have a fabulous week away. I'll send you lots of pictures of baby girl" David said.
"Thanks dad." Jackson said.
"I'm going to go get some champagne. Do you want any?" Leah asked.
"Ooh! I'll take some." Alexa chimed in.
"Ha. No. You're 15. You aren't getting any champagne." Leah replied.
"You're only 18. You can't even legally drink yet." Alexa snarked back.
"Yes, but it's our wedding day. We're allowed one drink." Leah said.
"Ugh fine." Alexa stomped away.
"Yes. I'll have some champagne." Jackson replied.
"We can have more at the hotel tonight." Leah smirked.
"I heard that." Alexa scolded.
"Oh whatever. It's not like you didn't already know that was going to happen. Can we just drop it now? I would like to have an enjoyable rest of our wedding day." Jackson said.
"Fine. I hope you two have a great wedding night. Don't get knocked up." Alexa half-joked.
"I'm going to miss you, little one. Be good while we're gone."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Wait. Leah. Before you go-" Alexa called out.
"What is it?" Leah asked.
"Just. Call me at least twice when you're gone? I know you'll only be gone for less than a week, but i'll miss you guys. Plus if you call me, I can give you updates on Lacey." Alexa begged.
"I promise we will call you." Jackson reassured.
"Thank you. Now have fun." Alexa smiled.
"You better call your sister." Leah said to Jackson under her breath.
"I'll call her. Stop worrying." Jackson said.
"She's grown up a lot, you know." Leah said.
"She really has. She's not the same as she was just less than a year ago." Jackson sighed.
"Hey hey. No more worrying for tonight. We can get to the hotel, and have our night just the two of us. Let's go babe."