Chapter 3: The Truth

Sorry for the late update everyone, kinda got busy thinking of what to do in this chapter. Thank you for all of the comments and votes for this story! Let's get started shall we?~

"MAKINO!"

I heard that certain voice before, childish and cheerful. I couldn't have thought it would be-

"IM HOME!!"

"L-Luffy?" glass shattered on the floor, leaving me on my knees and sobbing in tears. Luffy was confused, he even questioned me if I was the right person. Yep, I got unconcious I think and dashed to Luffy's arms.

"I thought for a second there you died . Heheheheehe" He cheerfully grinned

"Luffy.. you're home.. I've been waiting for a long time.. thank you " I sobbed onto his shoulders, his shirt damped in tears. He actually kept his promise , I thought he would not understand what a promise would be. Oh well. He's home so I could probably make it last for a while.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"We're here to stay for a bit, marines have been flooding other islands except here." Luffy answered. He cheerfully laughed with the same voice as always. What I didn't realize was that he had company. 7 tall figures stood behind him, and a small little companion by their side. I quickly backed up and crashed into the counter.

' who are they? Are they... MARINES?!'

"What's wrong Makino?"

"Who are they?"

"You mean them?" He pointed to the gang of people behind him. I nodded in response and he took that as a yes.

"They are my crewmates, don't worry. They're harmless" I stood up and dusted my knees, apologized for making them confused and seem to be mistaken as a 'MARINE'.

"I-I'm so so so so so Sorry! I didn't mean to-"

Just before I finished my sentence, a deep voice rang into my head. "Don't worry, we're used to that already~" I looked up to see a hand offering me to stand up. Took his hand as a yes and carefully stood up. Glass were stuck to my dress, so I dusted them off carefully and stood up and apologized again.

TIMESKIP ~

"KAMPAI!!" The bar was packed with the townspeople, celebrating the comeback of Luffy. I was pretty busy at that time and kept on serving drinks and food for all. Thankfully, I had some helpers around the kitchen, The blonde man and the Raven-Haired woman. They took the chance to know who I am and get to know me better while the others partied their hearts out.

" So, why did you choose to become a bartender? " The raven-haired woman inquired.

"I love serving people, it keeps me company"

" Must been nice living here in a peaceful island, Marine-free"

" Yeah, those marines bug me a lot. They're such flirts sometimes. I try to at least shrug it off and take some compliments. What is your name dear? I never got the chance to know"

" Robin, Nico Robin " She responded with a smile on her face.

" How about you , Sir?"

" Vinsmoke Sanji my lady~" He cooed

" It's nice to meet you , all of you. I'm greatful to have you people look after Luffy. Even though he's such a fuss some of the times, he could take something serious for a change" I greeted them. They suddenly bursted into laughs. I stood there in a confused manner. I questioned what was wrong and they started to wipe the tears off their eyes.

" Makino-san , you probably don't know how much those words before." Robin exclaimed.

"R-Really? Wait.. who else said the-"

" Ace, Sabo-" just before Robin finished her sentence, Makink bursted into a surprise look.

"S-S-SABO?!"

"Well, yes. Have you heard of-"

"HES ALIVE?!!" I suddenly bursted into tears and fell onto the ground. Just before they could speak, my vision suddenly went blurry and all I can hear was panic echoing around the bar. Just before my vision went black, all I could think was..

" How is he alive?"

Sorry for the short chapter, I promise the next one to be liger than this one. Again, thank you for the votes and comments. It makes me feel like I want to keep on doing this! :D

See you in the next chapter ~